Compatibility

is 2gb 667 ddr2 memory compatible with my 9500gt 512mb because most of my games which are compatible with my pc runs slow....i have a pentium d 2.8 cpu....help please...thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about compatibility
  1. Your system needs an entire overhaul; what is your budget and intentions with your systems
  2. At what resolution are you playing at? Your hardware is quite old already.
  3. thanks for the reply, i play games with 1024 x 768 resolution but even if I lower the resolution the game is still slow, anyways if i try to trouble shoot it by replacing the memory instead of dr2 667 change it to ddr2 800? or just simply replace my cpu?
  4. patrick2169 said:
    thanks for the reply, i play games with 1024 x 768 resolution but even if I lower the resolution the game is still slow, anyways if i try to trouble shoot it by replacing the memory instead of dr2 667 change it to ddr2 800? or just simply replace my cpu?

to game you need 4gb ram, a new cpu preferably a quad and a new graphics card. This will all most likely need a new power supply as well. Your entire setup needs upgrading what is your budget
  5. patrick2169 said:
    thanks for the reply, i play games with 1024 x 768 resolution but even if I lower the resolution the game is still slow, anyways if i try to trouble shoot it by replacing the memory instead of dr2 667 change it to ddr2 800? or just simply replace my cpu?

Upgrading from DDR-667/PC2-5300 to DDR2-800/PC2-6400 may not work unless your motherboard is designed to work with the faster RAM. I have found that some motherboards do work with faster than manufacturer's specified RAM. CL 4 is faster than CL 5. Some brands of RAM are better than others. I use MemTest to test the speed and for errors. It is best to run at least two passes.
  6. You need an entire PC upgrade. Your PC is too old.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia DDR2 Compatibility Memory Graphics