Gran Turismo 4 Package Contents?

albert

Distinguished
May 27, 2002

I just picked up this game (NTSC Canada) and I thought I saw a review
that show the package contents including a 200+ page "guide" and a
fancy decorated dvd (like a speedometer).
Mine just has a brief instruction manual and normal dvd.
I don't care about the dvd, but would have liked the large guide. Was
this a preorder bonus, or maybe it was the Japanese version package?

Thanks!

Albert wrote:

> I just picked up this game (NTSC Canada) and I thought I saw a review
> that show the package contents including a 200+ page "guide" and a
> fancy decorated dvd (like a speedometer).
> Mine just has a brief instruction manual and normal dvd.
> I don't care about the dvd, but would have liked the large guide. Was
> this a preorder bonus, or maybe it was the Japanese version package?
>
> Thanks!

I've not heard of special editions but then I don't live in Canada.
Ours has a white case, a normal slim booklet and a normal disc...
found this though

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/09/news_6112820.html

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

albert

Distinguished
May 27, 2002

On Fri, 20 May 2005 19:06:32 GMT, Paul Heslop
<paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>I've not heard of special editions but then I don't live in Canada.
>Ours has a white case, a normal slim booklet and a normal disc...
>found this though
>
>http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/09/news_6112820.html

Hi Paul, I did some digging around and found a picture of what it is:

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/489/489327/img_2526389.html?fromint=1

I'm still not sure on why all versions aren't like that though.

On Fri, 20 May 2005 18:55:20 GMT, Albert <gamingfannnn@hereathome.com>
wrote:

>I just picked up this game (NTSC Canada) and I thought I saw a review
>that show the package contents including a 200+ page "guide" and a
>fancy decorated dvd (like a speedometer).
>Mine just has a brief instruction manual and normal dvd.
>I don't care about the dvd, but would have liked the large guide. Was
>this a preorder bonus, or maybe it was the Japanese version package?
>
>Thanks!
The book you refer to cost me 15.00 US less 20% +6% tax at EB

Albert wrote:

> On Fri, 20 May 2005 19:06:32 GMT, Paul Heslop
> <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >I've not heard of special editions but then I don't live in Canada.
> >Ours has a white case, a normal slim booklet and a normal disc...
> >found this though
> >
> >http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/09/news_6112820.html
>
> Hi Paul, I did some digging around and found a picture of what it is:
>
> http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/489/489327/img_2526389.html?fromint=1
>
> I'm still not sure on why all versions aren't like that though.

the thing on the left looks almost like a photocopy... weird

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/