Unlock A Computer

August 31, 2004 12:45:20 AM

My Aunt Just Passed Away And I Got Her Computer It Is Locked With A
Password And Nobody Knows What It Is Can I Do Anything

--
MINDYLEA

More about : unlock computer

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 12:45:21 AM

Without an administrator's password, you'll have to
perform a "clean install".

Clean Install Windows XP

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"MINDYLEA" wrote:

| My Aunt Just Passed Away And I Got Her Computer It Is Locked With A
| Password And Nobody Knows What It Is Can I Do Anything
|

| --
| MINDYLEA
September 1, 2004 3:21:17 AM

err... this will erase ALL data on the hard disk .. so be sure before u
proceed that theres no impt docs in the hd..

Visit My Website - http://www.bootstrike.com
"Life's a bìtch when you least expect it"
> Without an administrator's password, you'll have to
> perform a "clean install".
>
> Clean Install Windows XP
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
>
> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...

---------

> "MINDYLEA" wrote:
> |
> | My Aunt Just Passed Away And I Got Her Computer It Is Locked With A
> | Password And Nobody Knows What It Is Can I Do Anything
> |

> | --
> | MINDYLEA
September 1, 2004 3:21:18 AM

there's a linux boot disk out there on the internet that
will allow you to change the admistrator password on the
computer. just do a google search for this, you'll find it
pretty easily, and the utility works GREAT ! perfect for
this situation.

message
>> Without an administrator's password, you'll have to
>> perform a "clean install".
>>
>> Clean Install Windows XP
>> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
>>
>> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>>
>> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

px

------------------
>---------
>>
>> "MINDYLEA" wrote:
>> |
>> | My Aunt Just Passed Away And I Got Her Computer It Is
Locked With A
>> | Password And Nobody Knows What It Is Can I Do Anything
>> |

>> | --
>> | MINDYLEA
>

>.

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 5:30:52 PM

MINDYLEA wrote:

> My Aunt Just Passed Away And I Got Her Computer It Is Locked With A
> Password And Nobody Knows What It Is Can I Do Anything

On another computer, download bd040818.zip from
http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.ht....

It will create a boot disk. The self-booting disk will boot to linux
with complete, easy to follow instructions that will allow you to reset
any local password. You don't even have to know what the original
password was. All you need is access to the computer.

No reinstallation required.

courtney sends....
!