Help computer wont start

hi, I just got my power supply and ram back from an RMA (psu was making ticking noise) and before this RMA the computer was working fine. During the RMA i decided to take out the cpu and reapply thermal paste and thats basically all i did. When I put the cpu back in tho i heard a scary crunching noise. I took out the cpu and looked at the socket on the pins and I couldn't really spot any bent pins (kind of have bad vision so that's probably why). I really have no idea why the computer won't start. When i hook up the PSU, thepower button on the motherboard turns green. When I press the power button tho it runs the fans for like half a second then everything just stops running. Please help me!!
4 answers Last reply
More about help computer wont start
  1. Hi,
    Try taking the board outside the case, reinstall the CPU and test again (put the board on its box or a non-conducting surface).
  2. Yep, while i was trying to do that, i decided to use the paperclip test on the psu. Surprisingly the psu did the same thing the computer did when i tried to turn it on. The fan spinned like half way then stopped. Looks like I got fucked over again..
  3. actually just scratch that. Power supply works fine
  4. I tested the motherboard with the cpu and ram out of the case and reseated the cpu multiple times. I also looked at the pins on the motherboard with a magnifying glass and no pins are broken or bent.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Power Supplies Computers CPUs