If Killzone PS3 is real in-game footage then it's the most..

I downloaded an interview with the Executive Vice President of Sony
Computer America and the guy said it was "real gameplay." I saw him
actually say that. So there we are. I guess he could be lying just to
sell the product but if the game comes out next year and looks nothing
like that people will complain and not purchase it, so I can't see any
long term gain in Sony saying the Killzone footage was real gameplay if
it wasn't.

If the game actually looks and play like the promo video then gaming as
we know it has changed. Forget every other game ever made, Killzone
looks set to raise the bar about a million times.:)

CGI movie quality games. Just incredible to think we could have that
next year.:)

Killzone fan
14 answers Last reply
More about killzone real game footage most

    LOL - where did the Killzone 2 developers say it's CGI?

    And not wishing to be pedantic, but CGI means computer generated
    imagery. All computers use CGI, even my old Amiga. So there's nothing
    new with CGI in computer and console games.:)

    Yes, I know it was a silly point but what the hell!

    Killzone fan

    "hmmmmmmmmmm.....
    let me think.
    oh yeah, I can think of long term gain by lying,
    Sony's existing userbase not purchasing a XBox 360! A-Duh!
    Once you purchase the unit you can't take it back simply because it
    doesn't
    live up to expectations. "

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    No, I'll go to a game store, see the game playing and if it doesn't
    look similar to the video I won't buy it. Besides, most reviews of the
    finished game will state whether or not it lives up to this video
    promo.

    I'm not saying as a fact the video is real gameplay but I can't see
    people buying Killzone if it looks like some marginally better PS2
    version. I think the developers of Killzone lose out big time if the
    game looks nothing like the video. Sony can't be that stupid, can they?

    Killzone

    ----

    > No, I'll go to a game store, see the game playing and if it doesn't
    > look similar to the video I won't buy it. Besides, most reviews of the
    > finished game will state whether or not it lives up to this video
    > promo.
    >
    > I'm not saying as a fact the video is real gameplay but I can't see
    > people buying Killzone if it looks like some marginally better PS2
    > version. I think the developers of Killzone lose out big time if the
    > game looks nothing like the video. Sony can't be that stupid, can they?

    Nothing stupid about hype/marketing, which is what the E3 show is basically
    about

    Killzone fan wrote:
    > I downloaded an interview with the Executive Vice President of Sony
    > Computer America and the guy said it was "real gameplay." I saw him
    > actually say that. So there we are. I guess he could be lying just to
    > sell the product but if the game comes out next year and looks nothing
    > like that people will complain and not purchase it, so I can't see any
    > long term gain in Sony saying the Killzone footage was real gameplay if
    > it wasn't.
    >
    > If the game actually looks and play like the promo video then gaming as
    > we know it has changed. Forget every other game ever made, Killzone
    > looks set to raise the bar about a million times.:)
    >
    > CGI movie quality games. Just incredible to think we could have that
    > next year.:)
    >
    > Killzone fan

    Two days late - but it's not real footage everyone knows that now - even
    the Killzone 2 developers have said its CGI.

    --
    Byron Hinson
    My Photography

    "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Killzone fan" <binarycode@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
    >> I downloaded an interview with the Executive Vice President of Sony
    >> Computer America and the guy said it was "real gameplay." I saw him
    >> actually say that. So there we are. I guess he could be lying just to
    >> sell the product but if the game comes out next year and looks nothing
    >> like that people will complain and not purchase it, so I can't see any
    >> long term gain in Sony saying the Killzone footage was real gameplay if
    >> it wasn't.
    >

    > hmmmmmmmmmm.....
    > let me think.
    > oh yeah, I can think of long term gain by lying,
    > Sony's existing userbase not purchasing a XBox 360! A-Duh!
    > Once you purchase the unit you can't take it back simply because it
    > doesn't
    > live up to expectations.

    That's not a long term gain, that's a short term gain.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Killzone fan" <binarycode@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
    > >> I downloaded an interview with the Executive Vice President of Sony
    > >> Computer America and the guy said it was "real gameplay." I saw him
    > >> actually say that. So there we are. I guess he could be lying just to
    > >> sell the product but if the game comes out next year and looks nothing
    > >> like that people will complain and not purchase it, so I can't see any
    > >> long term gain in Sony saying the Killzone footage was real gameplay if
    > >> it wasn't.
    > >

    > > hmmmmmmmmmm.....
    > > let me think.
    > > oh yeah, I can think of long term gain by lying,
    > > Sony's existing userbase not purchasing a XBox 360! A-Duh!
    > > Once you purchase the unit you can't take it back simply because it
    > > doesn't
    > > live up to expectations.
    >
    > That's not a long term gain, that's a short term gain.

    no it's a long term gain if you can get your userbase to hold off purchasing
    a system for nearly a year
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Killzone fan" <binarycode@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
    >I downloaded an interview with the Executive Vice President of Sony
    > Computer America and the guy said it was "real gameplay." I saw him
    > actually say that. So there we are. I guess he could be lying just to
    > sell the product but if the game comes out next year and looks nothing
    > like that people will complain and not purchase it, so I can't see any
    > long term gain in Sony saying the Killzone footage was real gameplay if
    > it wasn't.
    >
    > If the game actually looks and play like the promo video then gaming as
    > we know it has changed. Forget every other game ever made, Killzone
    > looks set to raise the bar about a million times.:)
    >
    > CGI movie quality games. Just incredible to think we could have that
    > next year.:)
    >
    > Killzone fan

    Well as much as i wanted the footage to be real, i'm definitely not going to
    set myself up for disappointment like many of you are doing. I will be
    skeptical until i see a finished product.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Yeah I Totally agree. Why lie about that if we are going to find out
    the truth anyway. But it does look to incredible to believe. I mean
    what was shown looks almost like a real movie. Amazing! Really keeping
    my Eyes open for this one ..oh and the PS3 Price Too!
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >> > hmmmmmmmmmm.....
    >> > let me think.
    >> > oh yeah, I can think of long term gain by lying,
    >> > Sony's existing userbase not purchasing a XBox 360! A-Duh!
    >> > Once you purchase the unit you can't take it back simply because it
    >> > doesn't
    >> > live up to expectations.
    >>
    >> That's not a long term gain, that's a short term gain.
    >
    > no it's a long term gain if you can get your userbase to hold off
    > purchasing
    > a system for nearly a year

    I know what you're trying to say, but that really isn't a long term gain,
    because when the lie is found out, they've lost you as a customer. A long
    term gain, is a loyal customer for life.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > >> That's not a long term gain, that's a short term gain.
    > >
    > > no it's a long term gain if you can get your userbase to hold off
    > > purchasing
    > > a system for nearly a year
    >
    > I know what you're trying to say, but that really isn't a long term gain,
    > because when the lie is found out, they've lost you as a customer. A long
    > term gain, is a loyal customer for life.

    Sony has sold 200 million consoles worldwide, I don't think a shortage of
    customers is going to be a problem for them regardless of whether or not
    Killzone is real.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >> > no it's a long term gain if you can get your userbase to hold off
    >> > purchasing
    >> > a system for nearly a year
    >>
    >> I know what you're trying to say, but that really isn't a long term gain,
    >> because when the lie is found out, they've lost you as a customer. A
    >> long
    >> term gain, is a loyal customer for life.
    >
    > Sony has sold 200 million consoles worldwide, I don't think a shortage of
    > customers is going to be a problem for them regardless of whether or not
    > Killzone is real.

    Maybe, maybe not... Personally I'm glad that Nintendo, MS & Sony are all in
    competition. Because of this, I don't think any of them would risk losing
    customers to the competitor by lying to their customer base.... but I could
    be wrong.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > >> I know what you're trying to say, but that really isn't a long term
    gain,
    > >> because when the lie is found out, they've lost you as a customer. A
    > >> long
    > >> term gain, is a loyal customer for life.
    > >
    > > Sony has sold 200 million consoles worldwide, I don't think a shortage
    of
    > > customers is going to be a problem for them regardless of whether or not
    > > Killzone is real.
    >
    > Maybe, maybe not... Personally I'm glad that Nintendo, MS & Sony are all
    in
    > competition. Because of this, I don't think any of them would risk losing
    > customers to the competitor by lying to their customer base.... but I
    could
    > be wrong.

    Agreed sir but one question, what is a Nintendo ;-) j/k
    I am not even factoring Nintendo into the next gen equation.
    I actually hope that isn't actual gameplay footage (orpossible for Sony to
    pull off) because I want to see MS take away a lil of Sony's userbase and
    stay in this fight for the long haul. Without competition, the market would
    eventually fall, just my opinion of course.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > it

    > gain,
    >> >
    >> > Sony has sold 200 million consoles worldwide, I don't think a shortage
    > of
    >> > customers is going to be a problem for them regardless of whether or
    >> > not
    >> > Killzone is real.
    >>
    >> Maybe, maybe not... Personally I'm glad that Nintendo, MS & Sony are all
    > in
    >> competition. Because of this, I don't think any of them would risk
    >> losing
    >> customers to the competitor by lying to their customer base.... but I
    > could
    >> be wrong.
    >
    > Agreed sir but one question, what is a Nintendo ;-) j/k
    > I am not even factoring Nintendo into the next gen equation.

    Ouch!

    > I actually hope that isn't actual gameplay footage (orpossible for Sony to
    > pull off) because I want to see MS take away a lil of Sony's userbase and
    > stay in this fight for the long haul. Without competition, the market
    > would
    > eventually fall, just my opinion of course.

    See, I hope it is actual footage, and possible for Sony, because that will
    mean that MS will definitely step up to the plate. I just don't see Bill
    Gates giving up. I think the Xbox has a big enough userbase to ensure that
    MS won't give up on their video game market....

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video Sony Video Games