If Killzone PS3 is real in-game footage then it's the most..

I downloaded an interview with the Executive Vice President of Sony
Computer America and the guy said it was "real gameplay." I saw him
actually say that. So there we are. I guess he could be lying just to
sell the product but if the game comes out next year and looks nothing
like that people will complain and not purchase it, so I can't see any
long term gain in Sony saying the Killzone footage was real gameplay if
it wasn't.

If the game actually looks and play like the promo video then gaming as
we know it has changed. Forget every other game ever made, Killzone
looks set to raise the bar about a million times.:)

CGI movie quality games. Just incredible to think we could have that
next year.:)

Killzone fan

LOL - where did the Killzone 2 developers say it's CGI?

And not wishing to be pedantic, but CGI means computer generated
imagery. All computers use CGI, even my old Amiga. So there's nothing
new with CGI in computer and console games.:)

Yes, I know it was a silly point but what the hell!

Killzone fan

"hmmmmmmmmmm.....
let me think.
oh yeah, I can think of long term gain by lying,
Sony's existing userbase not purchasing a XBox 360! A-Duh!
Once you purchase the unit you can't take it back simply because it
doesn't
live up to expectations. "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I'll go to a game store, see the game playing and if it doesn't
look similar to the video I won't buy it. Besides, most reviews of the
finished game will state whether or not it lives up to this video
promo.

I'm not saying as a fact the video is real gameplay but I can't see
people buying Killzone if it looks like some marginally better PS2
version. I think the developers of Killzone lose out big time if the
game looks nothing like the video. Sony can't be that stupid, can they?

Killzone

----

> No, I'll go to a game store, see the game playing and if it doesn't
> look similar to the video I won't buy it. Besides, most reviews of the
> finished game will state whether or not it lives up to this video
> promo.
>
> I'm not saying as a fact the video is real gameplay but I can't see
> people buying Killzone if it looks like some marginally better PS2
> version. I think the developers of Killzone lose out big time if the
> game looks nothing like the video. Sony can't be that stupid, can they?

Nothing stupid about hype/marketing, which is what the E3 show is basically
about

Killzone fan wrote:
> I downloaded an interview with the Executive Vice President of Sony
> Computer America and the guy said it was "real gameplay." I saw him
> actually say that. So there we are. I guess he could be lying just to
> sell the product but if the game comes out next year and looks nothing
> like that people will complain and not purchase it, so I can't see any
> long term gain in Sony saying the Killzone footage was real gameplay if
> it wasn't.
>
> If the game actually looks and play like the promo video then gaming as
> we know it has changed. Forget every other game ever made, Killzone
> looks set to raise the bar about a million times.:)
>
> CGI movie quality games. Just incredible to think we could have that
> next year.:)
>
> Killzone fan

Two days late - but it's not real footage everyone knows that now - even
the Killzone 2 developers have said its CGI.

--
Byron Hinson
My Photography

"Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Killzone fan" <binarycode@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
>> I downloaded an interview with the Executive Vice President of Sony
>> Computer America and the guy said it was "real gameplay." I saw him
>> actually say that. So there we are. I guess he could be lying just to
>> sell the product but if the game comes out next year and looks nothing
>> like that people will complain and not purchase it, so I can't see any
>> long term gain in Sony saying the Killzone footage was real gameplay if
>> it wasn't.
>

> hmmmmmmmmmm.....
> let me think.
> oh yeah, I can think of long term gain by lying,
> Sony's existing userbase not purchasing a XBox 360! A-Duh!
> Once you purchase the unit you can't take it back simply because it
> doesn't
> live up to expectations.

That's not a long term gain, that's a short term gain.

"Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Killzone fan" <binarycode@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
> >> I downloaded an interview with the Executive Vice President of Sony
> >> Computer America and the guy said it was "real gameplay." I saw him
> >> actually say that. So there we are. I guess he could be lying just to
> >> sell the product but if the game comes out next year and looks nothing
> >> like that people will complain and not purchase it, so I can't see any
> >> long term gain in Sony saying the Killzone footage was real gameplay if
> >> it wasn't.
> >

> > hmmmmmmmmmm.....
> > let me think.
> > oh yeah, I can think of long term gain by lying,
> > Sony's existing userbase not purchasing a XBox 360! A-Duh!
> > Once you purchase the unit you can't take it back simply because it
> > doesn't
> > live up to expectations.
>
> That's not a long term gain, that's a short term gain.

no it's a long term gain if you can get your userbase to hold off purchasing
a system for nearly a year

"Killzone fan" <binarycode@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
>I downloaded an interview with the Executive Vice President of Sony
> Computer America and the guy said it was "real gameplay." I saw him
> actually say that. So there we are. I guess he could be lying just to
> sell the product but if the game comes out next year and looks nothing
> like that people will complain and not purchase it, so I can't see any
> long term gain in Sony saying the Killzone footage was real gameplay if
> it wasn't.
>
> If the game actually looks and play like the promo video then gaming as
> we know it has changed. Forget every other game ever made, Killzone
> looks set to raise the bar about a million times.:)
>
> CGI movie quality games. Just incredible to think we could have that
> next year.:)
>
> Killzone fan

Well as much as i wanted the footage to be real, i'm definitely not going to
set myself up for disappointment like many of you are doing. I will be
skeptical until i see a finished product.

Yeah I Totally agree. Why lie about that if we are going to find out
the truth anyway. But it does look to incredible to believe. I mean
what was shown looks almost like a real movie. Amazing! Really keeping
my Eyes open for this one ..oh and the PS3 Price Too!

>> > hmmmmmmmmmm.....
>> > let me think.
>> > oh yeah, I can think of long term gain by lying,
>> > Sony's existing userbase not purchasing a XBox 360! A-Duh!
>> > Once you purchase the unit you can't take it back simply because it
>> > doesn't
>> > live up to expectations.
>>
>> That's not a long term gain, that's a short term gain.
>
> no it's a long term gain if you can get your userbase to hold off
> purchasing
> a system for nearly a year

I know what you're trying to say, but that really isn't a long term gain,
because when the lie is found out, they've lost you as a customer. A long
term gain, is a loyal customer for life.

> >> That's not a long term gain, that's a short term gain.
> >
> > no it's a long term gain if you can get your userbase to hold off
> > purchasing
> > a system for nearly a year
>
> I know what you're trying to say, but that really isn't a long term gain,
> because when the lie is found out, they've lost you as a customer. A long
> term gain, is a loyal customer for life.

Sony has sold 200 million consoles worldwide, I don't think a shortage of
customers is going to be a problem for them regardless of whether or not
Killzone is real.

> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > no it's a long term gain if you can get your userbase to hold off
>> > purchasing
>> > a system for nearly a year
>>
>> I know what you're trying to say, but that really isn't a long term gain,
>> because when the lie is found out, they've lost you as a customer. A
>> long
>> term gain, is a loyal customer for life.
>
> Sony has sold 200 million consoles worldwide, I don't think a shortage of
> customers is going to be a problem for them regardless of whether or not
> Killzone is real.

Maybe, maybe not... Personally I'm glad that Nintendo, MS & Sony are all in
competition. Because of this, I don't think any of them would risk losing
customers to the competitor by lying to their customer base.... but I could
be wrong.

> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> I know what you're trying to say, but that really isn't a long term
gain,
> >> because when the lie is found out, they've lost you as a customer. A
> >> long
> >> term gain, is a loyal customer for life.
> >
> > Sony has sold 200 million consoles worldwide, I don't think a shortage
of
> > customers is going to be a problem for them regardless of whether or not
> > Killzone is real.
>
> Maybe, maybe not... Personally I'm glad that Nintendo, MS & Sony are all
in
> competition. Because of this, I don't think any of them would risk losing
> customers to the competitor by lying to their customer base.... but I
could
> be wrong.

Agreed sir but one question, what is a Nintendo ;-) j/k
I am not even factoring Nintendo into the next gen equation.
I actually hope that isn't actual gameplay footage (orpossible for Sony to
pull off) because I want to see MS take away a lil of Sony's userbase and
stay in this fight for the long haul. Without competition, the market would
eventually fall, just my opinion of course.

> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> it

> gain,
>> >
>> > Sony has sold 200 million consoles worldwide, I don't think a shortage
> of
>> > customers is going to be a problem for them regardless of whether or
>> > not
>> > Killzone is real.
>>
>> Maybe, maybe not... Personally I'm glad that Nintendo, MS & Sony are all
> in
>> competition. Because of this, I don't think any of them would risk
>> losing
>> customers to the competitor by lying to their customer base.... but I
> could
>> be wrong.
>
> Agreed sir but one question, what is a Nintendo ;-) j/k
> I am not even factoring Nintendo into the next gen equation.

Ouch!

> I actually hope that isn't actual gameplay footage (orpossible for Sony to
> pull off) because I want to see MS take away a lil of Sony's userbase and
> stay in this fight for the long haul. Without competition, the market
> would
> eventually fall, just my opinion of course.

See, I hope it is actual footage, and possible for Sony, because that will
mean that MS will definitely step up to the plate. I just don't see Bill
Gates giving up. I think the Xbox has a big enough userbase to ensure that
MS won't give up on their video game market....