Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Confused on best what card to get for my build.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 28, 2011 4:42:20 PM

Hello everyone, first of all I want to thank very much to anyone that helps me out.



Games I want to run:All Crisis games(1,Warhead,2),Witcher 1+2, Skyrym,Metro 2033,Stalker,Doom3,BF3.There are the most demanding games that I have,but if i can run these. The other games should be cake. X-fire/ Slide in the future.


**I want to get constant 60fps or better or close to it.Keep in mind that I am a noob at this so I DO NOT know from what FPS is consider good or not. With max setting in all this games. The highest resolution my monitor has is 1920x1080. I will also be using FRAPS. Which caps recordings to 30fps. So the better frames that i get the better will be when recording. Anti Aliasin does not really matter to me. If i can have it on it would be awesome but not necessary.


It does not matter to me Nvidia or Radeons. I am not a fan boy of neither, but I would highly appreciated if you point me in the right directions and get the best card that i can get and I am trying to avoid an overkill.

My build i am about to order today.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6819115070

MOTHER BOARD: ASUS P8Z68-V LGA 1155 Intel Z68
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6813131729

G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820231416

More about : confused card build

October 28, 2011 4:49:09 PM

Quote:
i7 is not needed for gaming.
The i5 2500k is better suited to your needs.
I would go ahead and purchase a GTX 570 with a corsair TX 650V2 psu.



You think the GTX 570 is better then the or 6950-6970? and i should be getting the frames that i want sir?



Only reason i took the 2600k is cuz i record footage for my youtube channel.I was suggested that the 2600k is extremely good for video editing and rendering.Gaming wise it's the same as the 2500k. What do you think 384 bit?

Thanks :D 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2011 4:52:19 PM

60 fps is great, but you probably would be fine with 40+ and most likely would not be able to tell the difference.

a gtx 560 ti would be adequate and serve you well at 1080 resolution. A gtx 570 would of course be better but they typically cost roughly 80-120 dollars more than the gtx 560 tis.

For closer to constant 60fps the 570 would be better.

+1 to the i5-2500k
+1 for the PSU, if and only if you are not planning to sli or xfire your cards later down the road.

IF you are than you will need a decent 850 watt psu.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 28, 2011 4:59:31 PM

Quote:
GTX 570 is better at 1080p than the 6970 and 2GB of vram is overkill at 1080p anyway.



Could you guys please inspect this rig for me sir. Let me know what you think. So i can order today.I just chose this parts based on research and reviews from newegg. But if im over killing anything let me know.

Here is the link

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/325112-31-edit-render...
m
0
l
October 28, 2011 5:14:59 PM

+1 gtx 570
m
0
l
October 28, 2011 5:19:05 PM

384 pleae check your pm..

Rixior/Snappyfingers please check the link above.. Thanks very much guys. Does it matter what brand i pick???
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2011 5:20:42 PM

Take a look at the report toms has posted today on cards for BF3 and buy based on that. To max out BF3 at high fps requires SLI or xfire.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2011 5:25:18 PM

inanition02 said:
To max out BF3 at high fps requires SLI or xfire.


:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
m
0
l
October 28, 2011 5:30:29 PM

so what do you think on my build 384. I do not see you post in that thread. I am sorry for being a noob. But i really thought the 2600k was way better then the 2500k. So does that mean that i should return what i bought at micro center? Please check it out 384 when you get a chance. I am sure that i can improve it. Minus CPU+MOBO i

So basically with the 570 I should be able to max everything out at 1920x1080. Keeping in mind that the anti aliasing thing does not really matter to me much. I don't think i need a 580.. Might be overkill?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2011 5:37:43 PM

R0ckman said:
so what do you think on my build 384. I do not see you post in that thread. I am sorry for being a noob. But i really thought the 2600k was way better then the 2500k. So does that mean that i should return what i bought at micro center? Please check it out 384 when you get a chance.

So basically with the 570 I should be able to max everything out at 1920x1080. Keeping in mind that the anti aliasing thing does not really matter to me much. I was hoping not to buy a 580. But like I mention before, i do not want to overkill.


The 2600k has no benefit for gaming over the 2500k, the 2600k is only better for video rendering and things like that.

If you already have the 2600k then keep it, there is no point in taking it back.

You will be able to max some games at 1920x1080 with a 570 but not all games. A 580 is only going to give you extra 10fps or so.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2011 5:45:07 PM

No you can't.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2011 5:47:12 PM

Metro 2033, Crysis, Crysis 2, Witcher 2, Total War.....

You can max them out but not with good FPS. And whats the point in maxing a game out with poor FPS.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2011 6:36:57 PM

Ok buddy, well my point still stands so we'll have to agree to disagree.
m
0
l
October 28, 2011 7:38:38 PM

So i don't really need AA, if I am able to used them fine.However Nvidia new cards are going to come out in the near future. So i don't think i should spend the money on the 580 when it might drop in price in the near future. So based on what everyone is saying. 570 would be the ideal choice??

As far as the CPU goes. Is the 2500k and the 2600k are identical when it comes to gaming? Meaning if i choose the 2600k, am I loosing performance? I thought the 2600k was their flagship main stream cpu. Also since i will use my rig to edit/record hd/and render hd footage. With programs like Sony Vegas,Pinnacle Studio 12,Windows Movie Maker and Dazzle Capture card.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2011 7:40:51 PM

R0ckman said:
So i don't really need AA, if I am able to used them fine.However Nvidia new cards are going to come out in the near future. So i don't think i should spend the money on the 580 when it might drop in price in the near future. So based on what everyone is saying. 570 would be the ideal choice.

As far as the CPU goes. Is the 2500k and the 2600k are identical when it comes to gaming? Meaning if i choose the 2600k, am I loosing performance? I thought the 2600k was their flagship main stream cpu. Also since i will use my rig to edit/record hd/and render hd footage. With programs like Sony Vegas,Pinnacle Studio 12,Windows Movie Maker and Dazzle Capture card.


Like I have already said mate

Gothams Finest said:
The 2600k has no benefit for gaming over the 2500k, the 2600k is only better for video rendering and things like that.


m
0
l
October 28, 2011 7:48:54 PM

Quote:
I do all that with my 2500k easily.........
Well i will certainly take your advice sir. Since i happen to have the 2600k already. I guess there is no point in returning it to micro center. Since i won't get performance boost.The help much appreciate, please check out my build from the other thread.Nobody has help me there :(  I dont know if what i chose is good and if will be ideal for me.

Gothams Finest said:
Like I have already said mate


Well since the purpose of my build is video editing/rendering/gaming.. I am assuming the 2600k would be the ideal choice. So in short both the cpu are identical gaming wise. 2600k has advantage for rendering.


for the games I chose Metro as a reference, since i heard is a demanding game. So i figure that if i can play that. Theoretically I should be able to play other games. Now however I will be playing Crisis,Witcher 1+2, Skyrim,Stalker,Dead Space,call of cthulhu, .. etc etc. But i will use Fraps so that program screw up my FPS.. My apologies gentleman for being a noob at this. :( 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2011 7:54:50 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Well since the purpose of my build is video editing/rendering/gaming.. I am assuming the 2600k would be the ideal choice. So in short both the cpu are identical gaming wise. 2600k has advantage for rendering.


Once again, like I have already said :sarcastic: 

Gothams Finest said:
The 2600k has no benefit for gaming over the 2500k, the 2600k is only better for video rendering and things like that.


So in other words mate, if you do video editing/rendering then yes the 2600k will be better, and again like I have already said before there is no point taking it back.
m
0
l
October 28, 2011 7:58:42 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Once again, like I have already said :sarcastic: 



So in other words mate, if you do video editing/rendering then yes the 2600k will be better, and again like I have already said before there is no point taking it back.


My apologies for not getting. It was not my intention to ask the same question.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2011 8:04:33 PM

Its ok, no need to apologize, just wanted to make sure that you understood thats all.
m
0
l
October 28, 2011 8:07:49 PM

i'd agree 570gtx is a beast..get the EVGA 570 2.5gb for Metro2033 and witcher2
m
0
l
October 28, 2011 8:19:27 PM

peanut_316 said:
i'd agree 570gtx is a beast..get the EVGA 570 2.5gb for Metro2033 and witcher2


I was under the impression that getting a 2gb card was only for really high resolutions or multiple monitors. But you guys are the experts.

Here is the list for the Gtx 570 at New Egg. I guess EVGA is the best brand to get??


http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 29, 2011 2:46:07 AM

Quote:
I was under the impression that getting a 2gb card was only for really high resolutions or multiple monitors. But you guys are the experts.

You sir, are correct. :) 
m
0
l
!