Sign in with
Your question

Increase RAM performance?

Last response: in Motherboards
February 9, 2013 11:40:28 AM

Hi!

I have the Asus P5B deluxe motherboard with Kingston 4GB DDR2 800MHz PC2 6400 RAM (2 x 2GB) on Win 7 32 bit. My Windows experience score rate my RAM performance at 5.5 which is the lowest of the subscores. I have the latest BIOS rev. My CPU is Intel Core 2 E6600 @ 2.4 Ghz (not overclocked)

What can I do to improve my RAM performance?

Thanks in advance :) 
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2013 11:47:11 AM

Buy a new mobo that supports ddr3 ram? It would be a wast of money anyway. ram performance is widely overestimate.
February 9, 2013 11:48:21 AM

WEI is joke of a benchmark.
Related resources
February 9, 2013 5:13:16 PM

OK, so do nothing then(?) I just upgraded to a SSD as well so I guess there are no more quick fixes. Maybe I should try overclocking, remember my CPU was supposed to be fit for it when I bought it.
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2013 5:39:08 PM

There is nothing you can do that will relate to any real world improvements. The RAM you have is perfect for your setup. Faster RAM will show some improvement in benchmarks, but honestly, nothing you would ever notice using the machine or playing games.
That processor on that board will overclock quite nicely though, go here and watch this for a start, there are many guides on overclocking this processor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iGR-fgOVwc
!