• Asus
  • Formula
  • Intel i7
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2013 12:36:48 PM

Hi

I have an Asus Maximus V Formula, and i7 3770K (running at stock speeds).

I have installed the Asus Suite II and I get a warning everytime I boot my pc, saying that OPT1 is running at -273C! Please see the image below:

Best Regards!

More about : suite warning

February 9, 2013 12:50:20 PM

well it`s in the minus, trigger alarms for when things do get to hot. it will trip and throttle,
The cpu temp if enabled, clearly not done in the Bios or set up.
Or it simply does not have the thermal sensors fitted on the board.
Since it is reporting the Cpu temp, current fan speed,and correct voltages.
So what is the problem ? None. Just extra sensors for example like Smart for Hd to monitor heat ect not turned on in the bios as said. Or condition option to throttle the cpu speed when the cpu temp gets too high to cool the Cpu. Not enabled in the bios of the mother board. Read your manual that came with the board it`s all in there you know.
Must of skipped a few pages eh !
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2013 1:01:45 PM

weaselman said:
well it`s in the minus, trigger alarms for when things do get to hot. it will trip and throttle,
The cpu temp if enabled, clearly not done in the Bios or set up.
Or it simply does not have the thermal sensors fitted on the board.
Since it is reporting the Cpu temp, current fan speed,and correct voltages.
So what is the problem ? None. Just extra sensors for example like Smart for Hd to monitor heat ect not turned on in the bios as said. Or condition option to throttle the cpu speed when the cpu temp gets too high to cool the Cpu. Not enabled in the bios of the mother board. Read your manual that came with the board it`s all in there you know.
Must of skipped a few pages eh !

So is it nothing that I shouldn't worry about? I don't quite get it..
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 133 V Motherboard
February 9, 2013 1:28:47 PM

Normally Asus is very good about not showing sensors connected to anything. This is not to say AI II is perfect.

Motherboard makers get the monitoring chips from third parties and most times they have even more inputs then needed. If these inputs go unused, They can cause some strange readings(just like what you are seeing).

So this is a 90% chance of being just that a sensor input on a chip that is not connected to anything.

This issue is much more common on programs like speedfan and even hwmonitor. In speedfan you can just make then go away.

It is NOT possible for any part of your system to be that cold unless you are under liquid nitrogen cooling. You can ignore it.
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2013 1:38:34 PM

Best answer selected by Gate9er.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2013 1:39:38 PM

nukemaster said:
Normally Asus is very good about not showing sensors connected to anything. This is not to say AI II is perfect.

Motherboard makers get the monitoring chips from third parties and most times they have even more inputs then needed. If these inputs go unused, They can cause some strange readings(just like what you are seeing).

So this is a 90% chance of being just that a sensor input on a chip that is not connected to anything.

This issue is much more common on programs like speedfan and even hwmonitor. In speedfan you can just make then go away.

It is NOT possible for any part of your system to be that cold unless you are under liquid nitrogen cooling. You can ignore it.

So if I buy three Temp. Sensors will the program give me correct values?? A new warning came up. Some times I get a warning saying that the +12V doubles (it goes to 24V), and I even got a warning saying that my cpu drops to -1 Centigrade (normal value is around 33 centigrade!) Any suggestions??
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 133 V Motherboard
February 9, 2013 6:17:12 PM

The software an be buggy. And it gets MUCH worse if you run any other hardware monitors with it. I have seen and still see VERY strange fan speed readings for just a split second on my Z68 board.

You can not add sensors to the chip. Chances are you would have to be VERY good with a soldering iron.

I have seem some CPU temp errors from time to time as well in AI, but i just ignore them. I tend to use HWmon.

You can give it a try, just make sure you keep AI off while using this to avoid more misreads
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Here is an image that shows over a longer time, Strange things happen if you look at the MAX values.
http://imageshack.us/a/img822/1109/prime9413h.png
m
l
February 25, 2013 3:36:25 AM

nukemaster said:
The software an be buggy. And it gets MUCH worse if you run any other hardware monitors with it. I have seen and still see VERY strange fan speed readings for just a split second on my Z68 board.

You can not add sensors to the chip. Chances are you would have to be VERY good with a soldering iron.

I have seem some CPU temp errors from time to time as well in AI, but i just ignore them. I tend to use HWmon.

You can give it a try, just make sure you keep AI off while using this to avoid more misreads
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Here is an image that shows over a longer time, Strange things happen if you look at the MAX values.
http://imageshack.us/a/img822/1109/prime9413h.png

ALso, if there is a discrepancy between temps reported by AI2 and HWmon, it could be because:
"Now’s also a good time to install a temperatures monitoring software such as CoreTemp or RealTemp, as the Asus AISuite II software will report from sensors on the board, not from the CPU’s internal thermistors."
http://rog.asus.com/194232013/overclocking/overclocking...
m
l
!