Sign in with
Your question

My motherboard won't detect my RAM

Last response: in Motherboards
February 9, 2013 3:25:48 PM

Hello,
I purchased this motherboard http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
and this RAM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
But the BIOS beeps are telling me (No memory detected. Are they not compatible? I even sent back the RAM and got a new set and it still didn't work.

More about : motherboard detect ram

a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
February 9, 2013 3:44:08 PM

The RAM you chose is a quad channel kit and the motherboard runs in dual channel, and the RAM is not on the supported RAM list for that motherboard. So, now that the obvious reasons are out of the way, the RAM itself does say in the details....

Quad channel memory designed for Intel LGA2011 and X79 systems
Compatible with Intel LGA1155 and AMD Llano/AM3+ platforms
Intel XMP support for 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors

So, if you can boot into BIOS and go to Memory settings you should be able to choose XMP profile so it will recognize it. Try that and see if it works. If you set AI Overclock Tuner to manual, you should be able to set the frequency of the RAM or just set to XMP Profile #1.
m
l
February 9, 2013 3:50:58 PM

sharkbyte5150 said:
The RAM you chose is a quad channel kit and the motherboard runs in dual channel, and the RAM is not on the supported RAM list for that motherboard. So, now that the obvious reasons are out of the way, the RAM itself does say in the details....

Quad channel memory designed for Intel LGA2011 and X79 systems
Compatible with Intel LGA1155 and AMD Llano/AM3+ platforms
Intel XMP support for 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors

So, if you can boot into BIOS and go to Memory settings you should be able to choose XMP profile so it will recognize it. Try that and see if it works. If you set AI Overclock Tuner to manual, you should be able to set the frequency of the RAM or just set to XMP Profile #1.

Thank you, man
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
February 9, 2013 6:05:32 PM

No problem, hope it works out.
m
l
!