E3 - Guerrilla say footage is real

Found this on another site:

"I just got back from the E3 show floor and the Guerrilla booth. The
KillZone 2 movie is real folks. That is the power of the PlayStaion 3.
They had it on display. They have been answering this question all day.
They took off the Hud and everything else for the movie they showed.
But that was the power of the PS3 and that is what the game will look
like.

They told us they would release another video soon."

Now assuming this guy is genuine then it's real - that is real gameplay
and that matches up to what Sony's Vice President said. So XBox and
Nintendo fans might have to accept that the impossible has happened....

Sony has created a supercomputer called the Playstation 3.

Indeed, Sony's boss referred to the PS3 as a supercomputer. I read the
quote. Plus, Sony has spent 2 billion dollars on developing the PS3 (or
so they claim) so I guess two billion should buy you a supercomputer.

I would guess Killzone is one of the first releases for the PS3 so it
could be out within a year. So not long to wait to see if Killzone is
as great as that video suggests.

Killzone

Brainwashed.

"Killzone fan" <binarycode@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
> Found this on another site:
>
> "I just got back from the E3 show floor and the Guerrilla booth. The
> KillZone 2 movie is real folks. That is the power of the PlayStaion 3.
> They had it on display. They have been answering this question all day.
> They took off the Hud and everything else for the movie they showed.
> But that was the power of the PS3 and that is what the game will look
> like.
>
> They told us they would release another video soon."
>
> Now assuming this guy is genuine then it's real - that is real gameplay
> and that matches up to what Sony's Vice President said. So XBox and
> Nintendo fans might have to accept that the impossible has happened....
>
> Sony has created a supercomputer called the Playstation 3.
>
> Indeed, Sony's boss referred to the PS3 as a supercomputer. I read the
> quote. Plus, Sony has spent 2 billion dollars on developing the PS3 (or
> so they claim) so I guess two billion should buy you a supercomputer.
>
> I would guess Killzone is one of the first releases for the PS3 so it
> could be out within a year. So not long to wait to see if Killzone is
> as great as that video suggests.
>
> Killzone

It's real. Every demo video I have seen on IGN is consistent with with
what I saw on the Killzone video. It's real-life graphics, true
lighting, incredible detail - it's the real deal.

The Getaway - photo real graphics
Fight Night - photo real graphics
The new Grand Turismo game - photo real graphics

Based on that, Killzone has to be genuine. People underestimate the
power of this PS3. It's by far the most powerful commercial computer
the world has yet seen. Gone way beyond current processor power. What
is amazing is how people refuse to accept it. Either Sony has managed
to create fake videos for all their games or it's real. Common sense
tells you it's real. Sony would never sell one PS3 if all the videos
were fake and all the games looked like PS2 versions.

Killzone fan

"carrajo" <carrajo@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Brainwashed.

na-uh...... am not!

"Killzone fan" <binarycode@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
> Found this on another site:
>
> "I just got back from the E3 show floor and the Guerrilla booth. The
> KillZone 2 movie is real folks. That is the power of the PlayStaion 3.
> They had it on display. They have been answering this question all day.
> They took off the Hud and everything else for the movie they showed.
> But that was the power of the PS3 and that is what the game will look
> like.
>
> They told us they would release another video soon."
>
> Now assuming this guy is genuine then it's real - that is real gameplay
> and that matches up to what Sony's Vice President said. So XBox and
> Nintendo fans might have to accept that the impossible has happened....
>
> Sony has created a supercomputer called the Playstation 3.
>
> Indeed, Sony's boss referred to the PS3 as a supercomputer. I read the
> quote. Plus, Sony has spent 2 billion dollars on developing the PS3 (or
> so they claim) so I guess two billion should buy you a supercomputer.
>
> I would guess Killzone is one of the first releases for the PS3 so it
> could be out within a year. So not long to wait to see if Killzone is
> as great as that video suggests.
>
> Killzone

I figure by the time the TGS comes around they should have a running ps3
with killzone being shown. Well hopefully anyway. And then will see what's
really up. It would be great if it is gameplay or at least very close to
what its like.

"Killzone fan" <binarycode@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
> Found this on another site:
>
> "I just got back from the E3 show floor and the Guerrilla booth. The
> KillZone 2 movie is real folks. That is the power of the PlayStaion 3.
> They had it on display. They have been answering this question all day.
> They took off the Hud and everything else for the movie they showed.
> But that was the power of the PS3 and that is what the game will look
> like.
>
> They told us they would release another video soon."

[snip]

From what I understand, the PS3 architecture is optimized for video
playback, but video playback is a different animal compared to game play.
Ditch the video, and show us snippets of games in action!!

-Sammy

"Sammy "The Bull" Gravano" <Sammy@witnessprotection.gov> wrote in message

> "Killzone fan" <binarycode@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message
> > Found this on another site:
> >
> > "I just got back from the E3 show floor and the Guerrilla booth. The
> > KillZone 2 movie is real folks. That is the power of the PlayStaion 3.
> > They had it on display. They have been answering this question all day.
> > They took off the Hud and everything else for the movie they showed.
> > But that was the power of the PS3 and that is what the game will look
> > like.
> >
> > They told us they would release another video soon."
> >
> [snip]
>
> From what I understand, the PS3 architecture is optimized for video
> playback, but video playback is a different animal compared to game play.
> Ditch the video, and show us snippets of games in action!!

Wait till next year's E3 show.
You have to remember the PS3 isn't even completed yet. At least Sony gave us
some indication of what they were trying to accomplish. Nintendo is coming
out at the same time as the PS3, what did they show us? Notta.
Just like I'm not totally taking back by the hype of Sony as I am sure XBox
360 titles will look even better than advertised at E3. You have to learn
to take off your glasses and look between the lines. Sony simply knows how
to sell their products, can't blame them for that.
I'll be happy if the graphics I have witnessed in Killzone occur at the end
of the PS3's life cycle.

Killzone fan wrote:

> Found this on another site:
>
> "I just got back from the E3 show floor and the Guerrilla booth.

Wow, it only took one line for this horseshit artist to trip himself up.
Guerrilla didn't HAVE a booth at E3.

> They took off the Hud and everything else for the movie they
> showed.

Jesus. Are people really this gullible? Watch the "gameplay" footage again.
It's interrupted by camera cutaways, camera angle changes and scripted to
such an extreme it would be impossible to play it as shown.

And riddle us this, genius: What was that "gameplay" footage running on when
it was allegedly recorded as video? What kind of hardware? Because the PS3
alpha devkits only shipped in recent months and aren't anywhere near final
spec, and there's no PC hardware in the world capable of doing that in
real-time. So what mysterious piece of hardware was this "game" being played
on?

Man, Sony should have cleared this up and backed away while they had the
chance. When the first actual gameplay demo of Killzone 2 comes out, this is
all going to come back to haunt them.

-Z-

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
> Killzone fan wrote:
SNIP
> Man, Sony should have cleared this up and backed away while they had the
> chance. When the first actual gameplay demo of Killzone 2 comes out, this
> is all going to come back to haunt them.
>
> -Z-

Are you really that hard up for MS? I think given what we've seen between EA
and Epic alone... I think we will all be pleasantly surprised at what games
for ps3 look like. And I'm not talking about for the worse. I really feel
there was less hype this year, and more 'here's what we got, this is it...'
Sure people are drooling over it, but can you blame them. Its fine if you
choose not to believe, but is it truly necessary for you to squash the hopes
and dreams of everyone else? Kill file the few that seem to get under your
skin so easily and just forget them. Its either that, or you don't really
have a life to take up the extra time you'd have if you weren't constantly
here verbally raping unsuspecting trolls and fanboys.

Why add fuel to the fire?

When 360 launches go get one... and when ps3 comes out, if its better poor
gamestop with have alot of 360's in the back room, oh well.

From what I've seen, MS came up real short during E3, and is now quickly
trying to cover the tracks. Nintendo was non existent. and Sony a lot of
flames... but in the end had nothing to cook. So time will tell. That's the
only TRUE thing you can say here. I just hope that MS is really holding back
on what the 360 can do in terms of graphics.

Brenden D. Chase wrote:

> Kill file the few that seem to get under your skin so
> easily and just forget them. Its either that, or you don't really
> have a life to take up the extra time you'd have if you weren't
> constantly here verbally raping unsuspecting trolls and fanboys.

It's my hobby. I do it instead of watching Desperate Housewives.

> When 360 launches go get one... and when ps3 comes out, if its better
> poor gamestop with have alot of 360's in the back room, oh well.

Yeah, because the Xbox sure put the weaker PS2 out of business.

> From what I've seen, MS came up real short during E3, and is now
> quickly trying to cover the tracks.

I'd call it this way: MS showed game demos, Sony showed CGI. As long as they
think PS3 games will live up to their CGI trailers, good on them.

> So time
> will tell. That's the only TRUE thing you can say here.

Amen brother.

-Z-