Sign in with
Your question

Only my laptops internet keeps disconnecting

Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 16, 2011 5:41:29 AM

Hello,
I have 3 computers in my house 2 laptops and once desktop.
I recently had hinges problems with my laptop and that hasn't been fixed yet. idk if its irrelevant or not. but anyway the Internet on my laptop keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and then staying disconnected for a while and then reconnects with limited activity. then i disconnect from it and reconnect and it takes over. 20mins to really connect again. i don't know why this problem is only with my laptop so it isn't the router. the other laptop and the desktop work just fine. i don't know what going on. help please. its very annoying.
a b D Laptop
April 16, 2011 5:55:44 AM

The hinges are very relevant here because the fail and allow the lid to flop around and that impedes the wireless aerial wire which passes through to the lid and goes all round the inside of the area behind the screen to maximise the amount of signal it can pick up. If your wire aerial is trapped from time to time in a lid which isn't properly fixed, that wlil cause disconnections.

m
l
April 16, 2011 12:07:00 PM

Saga Lout said:

The hinges are very relevant here because the fail and allow the lid to flop around and that impedes the wireless aerial wire which passes through to the lid and goes all round the inside of the area behind the screen to maximise the amount of signal it can pick up. If your wire aerial is trapped from time to time in a lid which isn't properly fixed, that wlil cause disconnections.

i can move the laptop up and down the problem with the hinges is that one has broken so its basically sticking out if i want to move to close it
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
April 17, 2011 5:49:14 AM

It could still be trapping that little wire, or have creased it in the past.

m
l
April 19, 2011 6:40:29 AM

There may be some problem in the connection, you need to rr-revise your connection and then see if it still is giving some problem.
m
l
!