Recommended for BF3?

Squadinho

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Hello everyone.

My father and I just bought BF3. I'm alright on my system (just about, anyway :) ) but my Dad has a 8800GT 512MB and is struggling. Game launches but is very sluggish even on minimum settings.

He has a Q6600 (2.4GHz I believe) and 4GB of RAM. What would you all advise as an upgrade for GFX card? He doesn't want to spend over the odds; he doesn't top end. Mid range I suppose, possibly mid-low.

Thanks.

Cygnus x-1

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
What resolution is he playing on? The card he is using is old, that's problem number 1. Problem 2 is you really need a video card with a gig or more of memory. The game has just too much detail, so your dad's card is having issue loading all the eye candy.

So what is the budget, and what is the monitor resolution?

Yeah, you really need to look at a GPU upgrade for BF3. The 8800GT 512MB is the card that appears in the minimum system requirements for the game, meaning the game will run, but it won't perform well at all. How much are you willing to spend, what is your screen resolution, and what sort of power supply do you have?

Dyjon54

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
Well need to know your spending Budget and what power supply you have. Right off the Bat I am going to recommend a 6950. I really like that card alot.