I Lost Access To My C Drive Files - Help !!!

Wee

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows (More info?)

Oh boy! I've done it again!

I was playing with folder/file sharing and was trying to set
permissions. I wanted to allow sharing to sub-folders on c drive, but
not entire c drive. So I set names/permissioins for those
sub-folders, and REMOVED (big mistake) all permissions for c drive
itself.

Now when I access c drive in My Computer or WIndows Explorer, it
refuses telling me the drive is inaccessible.

I can't seem to restore access.

Can anyone get me out of trouble?

Thanks

peter

Can't you do a system restore?

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
<wee@willy.com> wrote in message
> Oh boy! I've done it again!
>
> I was playing with folder/file sharing and was trying to set
> permissions. I wanted to allow sharing to sub-folders on c drive, but
> not entire c drive. So I set names/permissioins for those
> sub-folders, and REMOVED (big mistake) all permissions for c drive
> itself.
>
> Now when I access c drive in My Computer or WIndows Explorer, it
> refuses telling me the drive is inaccessible.
>
> I can't seem to restore access.
>
> Can anyone get me out of trouble?
>
> Thanks

peter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows (More info?)

Can you do a system restore to before you did that?

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
Windows XP Home SP2.
Pentium4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1gb DDR.
<wee@willy.com> wrote in message
> Oh boy! I've done it again!
>
> I was playing with folder/file sharing and was trying to set
> permissions. I wanted to allow sharing to sub-folders on c drive, but
> not entire c drive. So I set names/permissioins for those
> sub-folders, and REMOVED (big mistake) all permissions for c drive
> itself.
>
> Now when I access c drive in My Computer or WIndows Explorer, it
> refuses telling me the drive is inaccessible.
>
> I can't seem to restore access.
>
> Can anyone get me out of trouble?
>
> Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows (More info?)

Hi,

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp