Battlefield 3 issue in first level

pnico

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
hi,

can anyone point me in a direction. Im apparently stuck in the first level, cant seem to open the door on the train. I get prompted to do nothing?
Am i missing something? this shouldnt be hard!

thanks

bahts

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
This doesn't sound like a graphics card error but I will give you both diagnostics.

Depending on both your system and your drivers it could be either one.
If you know your system is more than minimum requirements (I'd say Within past 3-4 Generations on hardware) you should be fine on that.
If you have newer graphics card say the 6k (6,000) / 5k series try updating drivers to the 11.10 Preview 3 drivers.
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU124AMDCat1110PreDriverV3.aspx
Those fixed most everything for me.

Other diagnostic:
The install might have corrupted, if so a clean reinstall would clean it.

Hope I could help!
Cheers.

pnico

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
here is a problem im having.. game runs fine for a little while then all of a sudden my entire system shuts down?

it doesnt do that with bulletstorm, or even deadspace 2?

would overheating cards shut down the entire system?? but I have pretty good cooling on the entire system?

pnico

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
thanks it runs well..seems though its a bit of an overkill though :(
just this game (bf 3) doesnt seem to run right...let me rephrase that.. like when "cutting the red wife" he doesnt do anything after I follow it as he is supposed to??
do you know?

by shutdown I mean it shut itself down all the way and rebooted back up again??
I guess it is rebooting not shutting down.

Weird

Do you get any BSODs ? it sounds like a hardware component is overheating or overloaded such as the PSU, but 1200W is pretty sufficient for such a rig.

Did you check your GPUs temps, it's pretty much the cause...the HD 6990s are known for overheating as they are reference designed cards

hunuok

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
Im apparently stuck in the first level, cant seem to open the door on the train. I get prompted to do nothing?
Am i missing something? this shouldnt be hard!

This is a BUG which a lot of Eyefinity/NV Surround users are having. Apparently Dice are working on the issue.

I had the same problems and have given up playing it until a patch is released.

There are two temporary fixes:

1. Play in windowed mode (Alt+Enter) during game,
2. Play in single screen mode.

http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/multi-monitor-gaming/17990/battlefield-3-hudtipsmultiplayer-icons-