Confused about network not appearing

I-Fulgore-I

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
Hello,
I have a WRT310N Cisco router. Yesterday I was having internet troubles ,as usual, so I decided to run a diagnostics through Windows 7. It was doing what it usually does and it said "Reseting router/adaptor/not sure what it said exactly." After I cannot find my router Wirelessly. The name for the network was "Westin" and now it only says Westin when i'm connected through ethernet. Also when I went to the IP router settings thing (192.168.1.1) it says that the name is "linksys". Linksys is a new network that has been showing in the wireless searcher thing for Win7. Is there anyway to make "Westin" show up wirelessly or to check the previous names of linksys to see if it changed from westin. Also I've seen linksys in the past but it was a weak signal. Now it has 5 bars.

Did you change the default SSID of "linksys" to “Westin” on that router? As long as you did and saved the change, there's no way it would mysteriously change back to "linksys". Not unless you actually didn’t save it or there was a bug.

Are there other wireless routers and their respective SSIDs showing up in Windows when it performs a wireless survey? (that’s what it’s called when Windows searches for other wireless devices and reports back what it has found).