December 27, 2011 5:36:01 AM

Build parts:
CPU Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Deluxe (REV 3.0) ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Hard Drive Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card Diamond Radeon HD 6950 2GB Video Card
Power Supply Corsair 800W ATX12V Power Supply

Have a very strange problem and I am hoping you guys can help, sorry for wall of text.

The Problem:
The problem began after I took the pc back home in my car from college. I had previously been using a DVI to DVI connection for a regular monitor, but I switched to and HDMI cable in order to connect to a vizio tv. The problem began on the first day after this switch. The screen would scramble and then go black before returning to normal. The error message would state that the “amd driver has crashed and successfully recovered”. This would happen multiple times over a ten-minute period until the display finally went black permanently. Now the computer barely boots, and when it does often the screen will scramble or get white blocks even during posting/booting (before windows). Occasionally, I am able to get into windows and run tests. However, the system does not stay stable. The PC sporadically won’t boot up and the keyboard does not light up. Fans are still active, but the display remains dark and nothing is displayed to the screen. When it does not work, the LED on the VGA turns red.

Error Codes (from LED display on Mobo):
When it works:
AA - manual says = "Reserved ASL"
When it doesn't:
b2 - manual says: "Legacy ROM initialization"

Finally: When I am having trouble getting it to even post, sometimes it helps to press the reset switch rather than the shutdown switch. Keyboard mashing right as the switch is pressed may help (?). Needless to say this quiet vexing as I have had a solid build for the last 4 months and this just started.

Things I've tried:
*All video drivers have been updated as well as the BIOS.
*Reseated the memory and ran it with one stick and both sticks.
*Removed the motherboard and ran it outside of the case to make sure that it wasn’t shorting.
*Checked the power supply with a tester. I have images if anyone thinks that will be helpful.
*Reseated the video card and tried moving it to the other PCI slot.
*Tried pressing the memory ok switch.
*Not overclocking on anything. During the times I was able to get into windows, I ran stress tests and cpu and gpu temps were in range (see below).

CPU-ID
CPU Stress test
Graphics card during prime 95

December 27, 2011 9:42:47 PM

bump
m
l
!