Sign in with
Your question

Advantages of windows 7

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
January 9, 2010 10:20:25 PM

How do I stop Media from recording and even I do not want to record?

More about : advantages windows

a b $ Windows 7
January 10, 2010 12:59:03 AM

Do you mean Windows Media Player? What is it recording, and what is it recording to?
m
l
January 10, 2010 11:59:23 AM

Bolbi said:
Do you mean Windows Media Player? What is it recording, and what is it recording to?

It records to my C drive...and it records some programs from ESPN2. If don't want to record anything, I just want to use Windows Media to watch TV.

After some time if I don't check it, the dirve is darn near full.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 10, 2010 1:11:56 PM

I don't use Windows Media Center to watch TV, so I probably can't help here. It seems, though, that you must have told it to record (whether directly or as a consequence of another setting); I don't think it would just do that automatically. Can you find anywhere in the TV section where you can set anything about what shows you want to watch and/or record? If you told it that you always want to watch ESPN2, it might be recording it so that you can go back and watch anything you want from it later.
m
l
January 10, 2010 4:04:27 PM

Bolbi said:
I don't use Windows Media Center to watch TV, so I probably can't help here. It seems, though, that you must have told it to record (whether directly or as a consequence of another setting); I don't think it would just do that automatically. Can you find anywhere in the TV section where you can set anything about what shows you want to watch and/or record? If you told it that you always want to watch ESPN2, it might be recording it so that you can go back and watch anything you want from it later.

I have never deliberately told it to record anything, but I am also sure that in my playing around I have clicked on something to tell it to record. The only thing that it is now recording ESPN Basketball games, but I don’t want it filling up my hard dive. I am sure I need to go to the “Record Guidebook” and click on something there to stop the recording; I can get to the Guidebook, but can find what to do next.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 10, 2010 4:54:08 PM

Because I don't record, I don't have a "Record Guidebook" button; can anyone else take it from here?
m
l
!