Wondering if this computer with old cpu and ok graphics card can handl

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Wondering if this computer with old cpu and ok graphics card can handle this game
"age of empires online"2010 newer than age of empires 3

Old cpu intel pentium d 940 3.20ghz, but ok graphics card HD 6850 Radeon, 4gb ram (ddr2), 320gb hard drive
I am unsure on how much the cpu matters when it comes to playing a game like this, the ram is older model ddr2, i am unsure on how much this matters aswell. Can someone help me out, thanks. i want to buy this computer on kijiji.ca

what really matters when it comes to playing games like this, does it matter that it is a really bad cpu?

Solution
I don't know anything about Age of Empires online, looking for info on it right now, but being an RTS it is probably taxing on the CPU. The 6850 is actually plenty to run any game right now, obviously some would be lower detail settings, but that Pentium D literally is incapable of running a number of new games, it is going to hold the 6850 back in almost anything.

loneninja

Distinguished
I don't know anything about Age of Empires online, looking for info on it right now, but being an RTS it is probably taxing on the CPU. The 6850 is actually plenty to run any game right now, obviously some would be lower detail settings, but that Pentium D literally is incapable of running a number of new games, it is going to hold the 6850 back in almost anything.

Solution

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

i am just confused about this because my brother has the following cpu on his hp latop
Intel Core2 Duo T7400 @ 2.16GHz 1,247 NA
with a mobile intel 4 series express chipset family 797mb for graphics prolly really really horrible... and 2gb ram, and he cannot really run this game, it lags on lowest graphics settings... so i dont know if it is because of ram graphics, or cpu, or all.... i dunno.

if it is because of cpu that he cannot play game without lag, then that would mean that the computer i want to buy with the even worse cpu that i am talking about above would not work for this game, so why do u think he cannot play, is it because of cpu?