Solved

New Build -_-

Ok so i decided to take my 2 day old build into the shop. and guess what. The ASRock M3A770DE doesn't wanna powerup the CPU.. the guy told me the board might have even fried the cpu. I got that board from your guy's $500 build and now i will never buy from Newegg again. But anyways

CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition
GPU - MSI Nvidia GT430 1GB DDR3
Motherboard - Biostar TA790GX A3+
Memory - 4 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1333 BL2KIT25664BA1339
HDD - Western Digital Cavalier 500GB 7200RPM
PSU - Antec EarthWatts EA-430D Green
CD-Rom - Toshiba 16x CD-Writer

Anyways i was wondering can anybody help me. and tell me if the parts listed above would work with eachother. i am unsure because it doesn't say my memory is supported but niether does the ASRock Board? The processor i cant really understand it cause my Part# doesn't match any of the listed supported. Sorry im a noob at this computer build stuff but this was my first build and the motherboard was apparently DOA from Newegg and i dont know if the CPU was DOA from Newegg either the shop guy is testing it over night. Any tips / directions i go into. The shop guy said their was apparently like a Oily substance on the CPU Chip but he doesn't think its dead? anything right now would help thanks. Didnt plan to spend over $500 for the build but i guess im going to have to.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build _
  1. Best answer
    dragoboi said:
    Ok so i decided to take my 2 day old build into the shop. and guess what. The ASRock M3A770DE doesn't wanna powerup the CPU.. the guy told me the board might have even fried the cpu. I got that board from your guy's $500 build and now i will never buy from Newegg again. But anyways

CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition
    GPU - MSI Nvidia GT430 1GB DDR3
    Motherboard - Biostar TA790GX A3+
    Memory - 4 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1333 BL2KIT25664BA1339
    HDD - Western Digital Cavalier 500GB 7200RPM
    PSU - Antec EarthWatts EA-430D Green
    CD-Rom - Toshiba 16x CD-Writer

Anyways i was wondering can anybody help me. and tell me if the parts listed above would work with eachother. i am unsure because it doesn't say my memory is supported but niether does the ASRock Board? The processor i cant really understand it cause my Part# doesn't match any of the listed supported. Sorry im a noob at this computer build stuff but this was my first build and the motherboard was apparently DOA from Newegg and i dont know if the CPU was DOA from Newegg either the shop guy is testing it over night. Any tips / directions i go into. The shop guy said their was apparently like a Oily substance on the CPU Chip but he doesn't think its dead? anything right now would help thanks. Didnt plan to spend over $500 for the build but i guess im going to have to.

It will be fine, no reason to be worried. Are u gonna OC? Are u getting any aftermarket cooler for better results?
    Little review to read : )
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/Biostar-TA790GX-A3-_PC-Component_review
  2. They(trustedreviews) ran the TA790GX A3+ with our regular Phenom II X4 810 which has a clock speed of 2.6GHz and the potential to overclock to 3.45GHz.
  3. Well im wondering. would the memory work. and the processor might be dead ill figure out tommorow. or wednesday. but im just worried cause i have every single part from the $500 system builder marathon but the motherboard didnt work so i was wondering could i use this Biostar as a replacement for the M3A770DE? i plan to leave defaults and this board is atleast decent enough to play Skyrim medium settings right?
  4. Well, u get what u paid for. And for $500 its not bad. U cannot compare to $1200 + rig's. But u should not be unhappy with that at all.
  5. Ok question. This board doesn't say it supports the ram i already have or does it? im confused i have PC3-10600 and it says like Corsair i have Crucial? should i just try it?
  6. Your mobo supports DDR3 800/1066/1333

DDR3 1333 is (PC3 10600)

So, u are perfectly fine : )
  7. Awesome Thanks man! finally might get online with this system soon.
  8. Best answer selected by dragoboi.
  9. Good luck!
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Build Systems