485763g4

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Hello everyone I am working on building my 1st computer. It will be used for everyday gaming and i was looking for some advice on the compatibility of my components.
Here is what im looking at right now
CASE Dell Precision 390 stock tower
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Intel LGA 1155 - Z68 PCIe 3.0 - SLI/CrossFireX Support Intel Z68 Micro ATX DDR3 2200 Motherboards Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3
CPU:Intel Core i5-2500K Processor
GPU: Geforce 560ti
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 professional 64bit
POWER SUPPLY: 600w thermaltake

Thanks for any input!

D

Deleted member 217926

Avoid Thermaltake power supplies altogether. Stick with a quality brand unit from Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Enermax, Silverstone, OCZ or Antec. Thermaltake makes great cases but their power supplies are junk.

With a single GTX 560 Ti a 500w unit would be fine and if you plan on adding a second card in the future in Sli then you would want a 750w unit.

Remember to use 1.5v RAM. The memory controller is on the CPU itself in a Sandy Bridge system and going over 1.5v can damage the CPU and will void the warranty. The best RAM is 1.5v DDR3 1600 cas 9. The onboard memory controller does not need anything faster.

Get a better case than a stock Dell. Even a "cheap" gaming chassis will cool better than any stock Dell case. The Antec 300 Illusion is my go to case foir budget builds. The Coolermaster Haf 912 is a great low cost option as well.

My old PC has a thermaltake Toughpower PSU in it, over its 6 year lifespan it remains the only part to have not failed