Going to build first gaming computer

koffee

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hi,
I was playing SWTOR, and realized that my graphics card only just meets the minimum requirements. Was thinking of updating that, but decided just to go for it and build my own gaming pc as my own pc is several years old, so that it will be hopefully more easily upgraded in the future if needed.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within the next month

BUDGET RANGE: $800-$1500

SYSTEM
USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, Movies, internet browsing and email

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, Monitors (could be tempted to get a new monitor so can play in higher resolution currently my monitor only supports 1680x1050)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg

PARTS PREFERENCES: Want a good video card that will allow me to play SWTOR with great FPS on high settings, would also want something to play Diablo 3, ME3 etc. on max settings

OVERCLOCKING: Never did this before as afraid of frying my computer so not sure

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: This is my first time building a computer so any advice would be greatly appreciated and I also need to get a copy Windows 7 64 bit for my new rig
Thanks
Koffee

koffee

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Also, do I need to buy a wireless adapter or Ethernet card or will be part of the motherboard? This is my first time trying to build a good gaming pc so I'm not sure which parts are better than others.

Emelth

Distinguished
Using newegg sorry its a short hand version that I made for someone in Aussiland

Case: whatever you like
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K (~$300)
Motherboard: ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 (~$125) [Supports 2-way SLI/CF]
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile (~$42)
GPU: EVGA GTX 570 (~$340)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM (~$85)
SSD: Crucial M4 64GB (~$106)
CD/DVD: any $20 drive will do or go for the Blu-Ray
PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 (~$135)

Total: ~$1233