What Graphics Card should i incest in??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunspotdragon

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Hey All,

I have a question which i hope some could shed some light on.

I have a Dell Inspiron 537 and i want to get a dedicated GPU. I have all stock parts except my PSU which is this one, and my mobo is this one. My mobo has 1 PCI Express x1,
1 PCI Express x16, and 2 PCI slots. I'm not picky when it comes to Nvidia vs. ATI i just want it to work. The main factor is that i cant afford to spend more than $100USD. The card i am interested in is this one.

Please let me know if this is a good option or if there are better options given my budget, PSU and mobo.

Thank you in advance for ur time.

As far as incest goes I guess you have to ask your sister but for a video card around $100 the HD6770 is your best choice. If that's too much then the HD6750 though the 6770 is definitely worth the extra money. At the least get an HD6670(DDR5 not DDR3), forget about the HD6570.

sunspotdragon

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
is it gonna be a problem that my pci express x16 slot isn't a 2.0 or 2.1, or at least its not specified to be in the mobo specs. I also wanted to know if its gonna cause problems to any of my hardware that my PSU is a 620 watt.

Thanks again

.....and yes i noticed the typo :-D

That PSU does not appear to have a PCIE video connector. Although labeled "620W," I'd be surprised if it is capable of even 500W, especially if most of it needs to be on the +12V rail like a modern PC. I would hope it could handle a a HD6770 though, in which case the one 384-bit linked would be a good choice.

sunspotdragon

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
how can i check to know if it does have a PCIE video connector, im new at this and dont know what it looks like

thanks all for input so far, i have been leaning toward the one 384-BiT recommended also but if i dont have a PCIE video connector what are my options?

sunspotdragon

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
ty all for ur input
@jyjjy
i was looking at the sapphire graphics card u posted and i think it will be a great buy.
1 question though, will performance be hindered because the mobo slot i have is PCI Express x16, and the card is a PCI Express 2.1 x16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS