RAM really stubborn to insert

Kurohagane

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
I have two 4gb sticks of RipjawsX modules and for the love of me, i can't fully insert them into my z77 Extreme 4. This is my first time assembling a rig but im sure it shoudln't be so hard to snap it into place. First i tried it after installing the mobo, and it didn't give up so i took the mobo out and tried it on the box it came with, still really hard to do and i fear i will break my board if i push harder. It just seems to go halfway in and then stop, becoming impossible to go any deeper.

Before you ask, yes its the correct type and yes, the notch is lined up.

Kurohagane

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013

Well, i already did all these steps, and as i said - it's just really tight physically. I guess a better question would be - is it safe to push really hard? How resistant is a motherboard? I really don't want to break anything, and because i'm doing this for the first time i have no way to refference this to my previous experince of doing this, thus i have no idea if i won;t break anything if i push really hard.

Kurohagane

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
Yes. I know. That would be the latches. But in order for them to click, the sticks actually need to go down all the way, which as i said i can't do without using more force - which leads me again to my previous question, is it safe to use force? Is the mobo resistant enough?