Sign in with
Your question

Unlocking amd a6

Last response: in CPUs
April 3, 2012 4:28:51 AM

Hi guys,

Just being curious here. Is there such thing as unlocking the core for AMD A6 series? How about A6-3670K? Can the ASUS motherboard F1A55-M do this? Thanks.

More about : unlocking amd

a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 5:15:46 AM

no as far as i know there are no socket FM1 edition CPU's with disabled cores to unlock.

some models do however come with unlocked multipliers which can be used to overclock the CPU
m
l
April 3, 2012 5:53:59 AM

so, the APU's can only be overclock (for certain models) but not for unlock, am i right?

then, what is the advantage of getting the A6 series to the A8 series? since they have the same number of cores? price? speed? :) 
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 5:59:53 AM

The A8's are faster, and have a better graphics core.
m
l
a c 186 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 9:53:14 AM

wikireader said:
so, the APU's can only be overclock (for certain models) but not for unlock, am i right?

then, what is the advantage of getting the A6 series to the A8 series? since they have the same number of cores? price? speed? :) 

A8=More Shader Cores.

I would not get an APU at this time, newer Apu's are possibly going to come out soon. Unfortuenatly they offer no upgradeability and apu's love super fast ram (expensive) it would be a better idea to go with a phenom and lower end gpu and upgrade from there or even go with the intel i3-2100.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 10:24:20 AM

actually the price difference for RAM is not huge. But I agree that unless it is in a laptop there is no reason to buy an APU. Just not good enough for a desktop when compared to alternatives.
m
l
!