Need help choosing a motherboard

G

Hi I'm building a gaming pc.
I will be using
i7 2600k
1000w
gtx 570 sli
4 gb ram

Now I need help choosing a motherboard. I was thinking the asus rampage iv extreme but it seems unnecessary considering the specs. I won't go for the x79 cards. I need a motherboard that I can use for computer upgrades for a long time. I also want one that can support the ivy bridge chipsets.

If Ivy bridge is your ultimate goal, I would wait and see if Intel releases an improved chipset when they're released. People tend to forget the P67 chipset fiasco when Intel first released Sandy bridge about a year ago. It had to do with the sata controller on the early motherboards. So I wouldn't plan too far ahead. If you order right now, this board might support ivy bridge in it's present chipset: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157231

G

Turns out that gtx 570 in sli is not in my budget so I'll just settle for the 6970. But next year when I have enough money, should I just add another 6970 or should I just get a new gpu. I'm highly considering the rampage iv extreme but is it worth it if I'm settling for only one gpu and is it compatible with my i7 2600k?