EVGA GTX570 DS HD

ivowns

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
I bought one of this card yesterday but i can't find any review, all i saw was people whining on Newegg's site about the heat.
So, I'm here to ask if any of you guys have some good feedback about this card.

Thanks.

cps1974

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
having a look at some discussions on web about this card and it seems the fans are very loud hence folk probably turn the fans down to reduce the decibels and thus the card might get hotter than it should do

the suggestion on thread below was to either return the card, sell it at minimal loss (should be easy via ebay etc) or remove the shroud and fan/s and put your own fans (that can be controlled independently) on the heat sink...

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1634003

chaz

muchwin

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011

Noise isn't a problem to me, I'm more worried about the temps.
Do you think the heat will be a problem in this case, running the card at stock?
I will not overclock it.

cps1974

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
hi muchwin

from that link...

"Now for the bad. GPU fan noise is unbearable under load. Temps are pretty high even with GPU fans at 100%, around 85c. If I set up a profile with precision topping out at 55% fan speed it's bearable but temps reach 96c, saw a 98c reading today but was under furmark. This really worries me, I don't want to kill the card. I'm looking for an aftermarket cooler but the requirements are pretty strict in my case."

you have to bear in mind the size of that guys case, with the side panels on maybe he has not such good airflow - what kind of case do you have? what is airflow like through your case?

Max TJ is 99C (I think) and if you have a larger case than that guy with real airflow id be very surprised if it hit temps in 80-90 region like him, probably be mid 70s at load I'd guess

here's what one newegg user said about temps, "Even with the overclock the temps did not rise above 80c when bench marking. To gain just a few FPS I plan on leaving the card at its stock settings and just set the fan to 60%."

- so i think it will hinge on your case type and airflow

looks like an nice card to me personally

chaz

muchwin

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011

Thanks for the help.
My case is an CM-690 with 8 fans.

cps1974

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
wow that's a real nice case - the guy in the link i posted had a shoebox size computer lol, you should have no problems - keep us updated on how you get on with temperatures

chaz