Your question

Asrock 970 Extreme3 wont post

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • ASrock
  • CPUs
Last response: in Motherboards
February 10, 2013 7:59:06 PM

So I received my motherboard today which is the AsRock 970 extreme3, I put the CPU and ram in, plugged it into power supply to do a test to see if it runs... the CPU fans spin and graphic card fans spin, but no post... This is my 2nd board from my other RMA. Also, does the 970 extreme3 come with preinstalled bios support for AMD FX 8350?
Maybe that is the problem and all i have to do is to flash the bios with another cpu, but the problem is i dont have a spare one...

I've tried everything on the tom'shardware no post and followed all the steps, no luck

My specs are

AMD FX 8350 CPU

ASROCK 970 EXTREME3 Motherboard

G.skill ripjaw DDR3 4gb x 2 F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL checked website and found out the motherboard doesnt support this ram, might this be the cause?

OCZ ModXtreme 600 w powersupply

More about : asrock 970 extreme3 wont post

a c 559 V Motherboard
a c 114 à CPUs
February 11, 2013 4:15:11 AM

Try looking for a sticker with the BIOS version on the motherboard.
m
l
February 11, 2013 9:00:57 PM

Replace your ram with the crucial ballistix. Better than G.skill in my opinion. Also check your BIOS version.
m
l
February 11, 2013 11:04:00 PM

Make sure all cables are plugged in firmly.

20/24-pin ATX
4/8-pin CPU
PCIe cables
Storage cables
Molex power headers

If the fans are spinning it's likely you forgot to plug something in.
m
l
June 11, 2013 11:14:46 AM

Similar Problem:
New build, no beep, nothing on screen:
ASRock 970 Extreme 3 / FX 6300 / Vengeance DDR3 1600 8GB

My neighborhood tech switched RAM (don't know spec on what she put in) and got post.
I (excitedly, expectantly) exchanged my Vengeance for Ballistic (still 1600) and ran home to try it.
And I was back to the same: no beep, nothing on screen.

Last night I found a list of RAM tested with the Extreme 3, and I look forward to trying one from the list.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme3/?cat=Memory

I know there's a lot I don't know, but I would have thought all the brands of RAM would work in all the mobos, as long as they were the same generation (DDR3). It's more complicated than that?
m
l
July 7, 2013 11:05:45 PM

Same issue except it was spread out and intermittently worked, after a lot of testing concluded the mobo was indeed bad and i am waiting on an RMA right now. I'd suggest the same as many people have had this issue and it seems to be a defect with the mobo, or just a bad batch, either way something terrible is wrong.
m
l
!