how do i delete programs in task manager toolbar?

Hi, my laptop is 9 months old and used to start up really
fast in about forty seconds. Now that I've installed
programs there are loads of icons in the task manager
toolbar and my comp is taking 3 mins to start up. Can
anyone please tell me how to delete these programs?
Many Thanks
KmHastings

KmHastings,
You can do as follows (translated in English from my native language):
1. Run the 'Help programm for systemconfiguration' by typing msconfig in the
run-dialogbox via Start/Run
2. Uncheck the programms you don't want to run in the background or as to be
seen on the taskbar
3. Leave by clicking OK

You can choose to start windows again as it will start as quick as you
unchecked the not wanted programms via msconfig.

You can also remove the programms in 'Software' you don't want to run
anymore in future. Or place them in the Start menu.

Succes,
Rob
"KmHastings" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi, my laptop is 9 months old and used to start up really
> fast in about forty seconds. Now that I've installed
> programs there are loads of icons in the task manager
> toolbar and my comp is taking 3 mins to start up. Can
> anyone please tell me how to delete these programs?
> Many Thanks
> KmHastings

MANY THANKS ROB!
Fantastic, thanks very much, my comp is now starting up
as quickly as it did when it was new.
Again, thank you
Karen

Your're welcome,