CyberPower Z68 Configurator Build

Oixide

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hello,

I would love as many opinions as possible on my build. Please if you have 5 minutes check it out here: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DTF61

I would like a few more opinions on my Motherboard and Video card. My main thing about the video card is should I spend the extra 20-some dollars to switch from the NVIDIA GeForce 570 1.2GB to the AMD Radeon 6970 2GB card?
The benchmarks for the AMD are surprisingly higher.

nadim615

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
I took a look at it, most things are good. For one, the 570 is a better card overall than the 6970, AMD has some driver issues, and the cards tend not to last as long. Second, the benchmarks on the site are bogus, I hit twice the FPS they're saying with the same specs... lol. And third, unless your getting a power protection from somewhere else (locally?) then you should consider getting it, or your PC's gonna be fried if u get a power surge. Hope this helped :)

Oixide

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011

What do you mean power protection? Just a surge protector right?

DM186

Splendid
I tried to show you a different build but couldn't but I will state it. Everything is good except the CPU, The wirless card and the GPU.

The CPU the i7 is a monster you really don't need that big of a cpu unless you are going to do hyper threading. You will use only about 30 to 40% of that CPU. The i5 2500k is just right for everything games surfing photo's etc. plus you save a 100 dollars or so.

The wirless card will get in the way of your stuff on the back of your rig. You will have to keep your rig up high and away from things. You can buy a usb wirless antena with a cord so you can put it up high and less money.

The 570 is a good card but if you put 2 GTX 560 Ti's 1gb in SLI you will do better than a GTX 580 plus when I was trying to show you the difference in the build the price came to 1542. And all I did was change out these 3 things plus gave you better graphics. I will be back to post the chart for the 560 vs 580.

Here is the link. I hope this was helpfull. I wish I knew about this site before I got my build. What I know now I would have done a lot different.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/305?vs=441

nadim615

Distinguished
May 28, 2010

Yea, just a surge protector :p And relating to what the other guy said about the i7, yea, hes right. You dont really need an i7 for gaming :p Benchmarks show that i5 and i7 are like the same for gaming... i7 is better for rendering and multimedia.