Sign in with
Your question

Vid card wont work

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Gigabyte
Last response: in Motherboards
February 10, 2013 9:23:01 PM

gigabyte MB won't even give beep codes, even after the RAM and CPU was removed, and we used a known working Video card, and when plugged into the board it constantly cycled through an on/off state, like it was constantly resetting itself.

More about : vid card wont work

February 11, 2013 8:22:35 AM

Had the same issue a while back but couldn't figure out if it was the mobo or GPU. I ended up returning both to where i purchased them.
After a while i got the Mobo in return and a brand new GPU so it's possible that you have the same problem.
m
l
February 11, 2013 1:27:22 PM

vic_duffany said:
gigabyte MB won't even give beep codes, even after the RAM and CPU was removed, and we used a known working Video card, and when plugged into the board it constantly cycled through an on/off state, like it was constantly resetting itself.

Make sure you're not grounding out the mobo on the case. You might have a screw to tight and the board is grounding out. or a screw on the case somewhere grounding out... It's rare. But it happens... I'd loosen all the screws and double check all the connections. Then retry. Let us know what you end up doing.
m
l
Related resources
February 11, 2013 1:35:43 PM

Also make sure you have good PSU.
m
l
February 11, 2013 11:29:16 PM

jarlsuki said:
Had the same issue a while back but couldn't figure out if it was the mobo or GPU. I ended up returning both to where i purchased them.
After a while i got the Mobo in return and a brand new GPU so it's possible that you have the same problem.

thank you for the reply.
m
l
February 11, 2013 11:31:37 PM

thank you all for your input but have returned the MB now. I will be sure to keep all your info in mind if i run into the problem again
m
l
February 12, 2013 5:39:35 AM

Not a problem.
Hope everything works out and you just get a new working mobo.
m
l
!