some characters suddenly only can be typed by other keys o..

How can it be possible that I regularly have to click the Language button on
the task bar in the right corner because I have every now and then certain
characters been shown under other keystrokes, i.e. the '-mark, etc. In my
case I have to change this button from NL (Nederland) to EN (United States)
to make my wanted characters in the text.

What could be the cause of character-key-change?

Regards,
Rob

I thought I solved the problem but I didn't. I still have on my webpages
these strange characters on places I should see puntuations on certain
characters.

Could my language settings of my keyboard have something to do with the show
of of charaters on webpages?

Because I also have problems with thát issue: see my other thread with
subject 'some characters suddenly only can be typed by other keys of the
keyboard' in the group
'microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress'

Or could it have changed after installing and deinstalling the East Asiatic
languages by choosing (see earlier below) Control Panel, Country Settings,
Languages and having unchecked the second checkbox of the Extra Languages
items: the one about the East Asiatic languages.
That there has been left some remains of an earlier install of the East
Asiatic languages.

I am hopeful for a possible right answer.
Rob