Ativa AT220H monitor stuck in burn in mode

adman007

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Hello,
I've been trying to get support from Office Depot and their house brand Ativa support, but no luck. My monitor is stuck in factory burn in mode and I can't get any assistance from them on how to change it back. It's usually a pattern you have to press on the monitor buttons to get it out of factory mode. Any ideas?

obiwan8000

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011

Try this:

With the screen on, hold All 3 buttons down - Menu, "+" ,and "-". With these held down, push the power button.

If/when the monitor comes back on try the minus button to enter the menu for turning off burn mode.

This may be specific for another monitor, but, most of the time they are the same or similar

- 0bi

adman007

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and in the past weeks I've also tried several of the published fixes for Dell, HP and other monitors. No luck. I assumed that the monitor was just stuck in burn in mode, but is it possibly broken and it's time to recycle and buy a new one?

adman007

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
It's my second monitor that's in burn in mode. My first monitor is working just fine and if I switch them, my first monitor will work as the second monitor (that makes sense right?). Thanks for your help. I'll just get another monitor and if Office Depot ever sends me the unlock code for burn in mode, I'll keep this one as a back up.