Got a display card and HD, need the rest

babuyeung

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
I want to play battlefield 3 ideally on high or ultra (w/o AA). I will be getting either a GTX 560 or 560Ti (forgot which one) and have a 5400 rpm 500gb SATA 3gb HD that I will use from my notebook. I've read on bit tech that there's actually no difference from a dual-core (2 cores of an i7) to a full i7, which is hard to believe. http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2011/11/10/battlefield-3-technical-analysis/7

CPU: AMD FX4100 series or Phenom II X4 720 or Phenom II X4 955
Seems the FX4100 is the new architecture running on AM3+. However the forum seems to think its not worth $$ and should instead shoot for Phenom II x4. If this is the case, would the X4 720 be enough for BF3? I don't think anything above that price range will get me more FPS. If there are lesser processors that can deliver the similar gaming perf, pls let me know :D

Memory: DDR3 1333 8gb

Display: GTX 560 or 560Ti. will buy from my friend

PSU: will 500w be enough? if not should i get higher wattage or get 80plus?

HD: 5400 rpm 500gb SATA 3gb for now. It's from my notebook but may consider getting a better HD when prices come back hopefully hehe. I was told I can simply get an adapter to have the 2.5" installed as 3.5".

Case: no idea. I should focus on higher number of fans (like 3) right?

Mobo: depends on processor choice.

I live in Hong Kong so I wont be able to get stuff from newegg or ncix. Instead we have malls that only have computer shops. I prefer online because I can look at each spec in detail... At the store you can only go buy the general specs... quite a pain.

Really appreciate if the community can comment on the setup especially on the CPU. thanks!!!!