People know nothing about the PS3 and this is why they ass..

Last response: in Video Games
May 22, 2005 7:20:54 PM

How many people that claim Killzone is pre-rendered have actually
bothered to watch the PS3 presentation? None I suspect.

If you download the PS3 presentation (which is at IGN.com) the Sony
head and Nvidia boss explain all the specs.

Essentially the PS3 has the most advanced graphics processor ever made
with the most advanced shading. It's called the RXS. Plus all the
graphics are 128 bit pixel which is what you get in movies.

It's all in the presentation - every spec and why the PS3 is a super
computer. It uses 2 teraflops which is comparable with the speeds of
the five fastest computers in the world. So as I say, it's all real,
Killzone will look exactly like that preview.

2006 is the year gaming changes. A milestone in the history of digital
entertainment. CGI movie quality in a console - which was the main aim
for the PS3 when it was designed over five years ago. And Sony has
achieved it. Every person on the net that thinks Killzone is
pre-rendered will be proven wrong. I promise you. They know nothing of
the specs and potential of this machine. It's the world's first
consumer super computer. That is why Killzone is so amazing - because
the computations the PS3 can do per second are similar to render farms
used by ILM, Pixar etc.

PS3 is the most landmark computer since the first Apple computers. It's
similar to the first color tv, the first compact disc - it's that major
an advancement.

Anyone who thinks PS3 can't render real-time movie quality graphics at
60 frames per second is so wrong it's scary they think they know better
than Sony, IBM and Toshiba. Me, I trust Sony, IBM and Toshiba when they
spend 2 billion on the Cell processor and team up with Nvidia on the
new RSX graphics unit.

Killzone is real-time and next year you and the rest of the world will
see it. The gaming world has changed, best to accept it, not deny it.

Only an ignorant fool would think they know more about processing power
than Sony, IBM, Nvidia and Toshiba. Go watch the presentation, see how
advanced the shading is, how fast the PS3 is, how many computations it
can do in one cycle. The net is full of ignorant people that know
nothing of the machine's specs and yet say as fact Killzone is
pre-rendered.

Killzone is real. Real-time movie CGI in a game environment. The main
goal of the PS3. It's happened. And it will happen in every PS3 game.

2006 - the year games change for ever so accept it.:)

Killzone fan

More about : people ps3 ass

Anonymous
May 22, 2005 9:03:22 PM

Killzone fan wrote:

> How many people that claim Killzone is pre-rendered have actually
> bothered to watch the PS3 presentation? None I suspect.

Look, you putrid hybrid of Bligmerk and Cygnus, the developer has already
said it wasn't gameplay footage. OK? The issue has been put to rest. Deal
with it.

> That is why Killzone is so amazing - because
> the computations the PS3 can do per second are similar to render farms
> used by ILM, Pixar etc.

Don't be such a moron. Seriously. Pixar's render farm has two *terabytes* of
RAM and over 1,000 2.8GHz CPUs. And it takes that cluster SIX HOURS to
render 1/24th of a second of film. The comparison is so ridiculous it's
moronic.

> PS3 is the most landmark computer since the first Apple computers.
> It's similar to the first color tv, the first compact disc - it's
> that major an advancement.

I can't tell if you're a brainwashed fanboy or a clever troll mimicking
same.

> Go watch the presentation,
> see how advanced the shading is, how fast the PS3 is, how many
> computations it can do in one cycle.

Here's the problem tho, bucky: the hardware doesn't exist yet. There is no
RSX yet, just PCs emulating it.

There is absolutely no doubt the PS3 is going to be an amazing piece of
hardware with some amazing games, but I can't believe how short some
people's memories are. This is exactly the same kind of hype we heard about
the PS2, which in the end wasn't even as powerful as a console built around
a Pentium III and GeForce 3.

> The net is full of ignorant
> people that know nothing of the machine's specs and yet say as fact
> Killzone is pre-rendered.

With the machine more than a year from release, you'd be a fool to think
those specs won't change. And as has been said a million times already, the
developer has already admitted the Killzone footage was prerendered.

-Z-
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 9:31:15 PM

"!Look, you putrid hybrid of Bligmerk and Cygnus,"

I've never been called that before. LOL!

What is Bligmerk and Cygnus? Sounds like planets Captain Kirk would
visit.:)

KZ Fan
May 22, 2005 9:33:31 PM

I'm leaving this ng and returning to alt.sadgeekneedsalife

:)

Killzone Fan
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 12:16:32 AM

Forgive me, I forgot to plonk/block/killfile your dumbass earlier.
Fixed now.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 4:21:31 AM

this is boring
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
> Killzone fan wrote:
>
>> How many people that claim Killzone is pre-rendered have actually
>> bothered to watch the PS3 presentation? None I suspect.
>
> Look, you putrid hybrid of Bligmerk and Cygnus, the developer has already
> said it wasn't gameplay footage. OK? The issue has been put to rest. Deal
> with it.
>
>> That is why Killzone is so amazing - because
>> the computations the PS3 can do per second are similar to render farms
>> used by ILM, Pixar etc.
>
> Don't be such a moron. Seriously. Pixar's render farm has two *terabytes*
> of RAM and over 1,000 2.8GHz CPUs. And it takes that cluster SIX HOURS to
> render 1/24th of a second of film. The comparison is so ridiculous it's
> moronic.

If those calculations of yours were accurate, it would take over 100 years
to produce a two hour movie.....
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 11:44:19 AM

"And it takes that cluster SIX HOURS to
render 1/24th of a second of film."

Blimey, that is like my old dial-up speed. LOL

You know, slightly off-topic, but I was chatting to someone in a chat
room and they said they download films. So I ask her (for it was a
woman), how long was your longest download of a film.

And she says.........

Six months.

LOL

Hilarious but true. Six months to download one film. Now with speed
like that I am impressed!!;)

Killzone fan
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 12:48:16 PM

Killzone fan wrote:

> I'm leaving this ng and returning to alt.sadgeekneedsalife
>
> :)
>
> Killzone Fan

I didn't write that putrid stuff... must be someone in my KF
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 3:40:35 AM

"Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
>> Killzone fan wrote:
>>
>>> How many people that claim Killzone is pre-rendered have actually
>>> bothered to watch the PS3 presentation? None I suspect.
>>
>> Look, you putrid hybrid of Bligmerk and Cygnus, the developer has already
>> said it wasn't gameplay footage. OK? The issue has been put to rest. Deal
>> with it.
>>
>>> That is why Killzone is so amazing - because
>>> the computations the PS3 can do per second are similar to render farms
>>> used by ILM, Pixar etc.
>>
>> Don't be such a moron. Seriously. Pixar's render farm has two *terabytes*
>> of RAM and over 1,000 2.8GHz CPUs. And it takes that cluster SIX HOURS to
>> render 1/24th of a second of film. The comparison is so ridiculous it's
>> moronic.
>

> If those calculations of yours were accurate, it would take over 100 years
> to produce a two hour movie.....

Guess you didn't know that they started on Monster's Inc before TV was
invented did you?
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 4:18:05 PM

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message

>>> Look, you putrid hybrid of Bligmerk and Cygnus, the developer has
>>> already said it wasn't gameplay footage. OK? The issue has been put to
>>> rest. Deal with it.

>>> Don't be such a moron. Seriously. Pixar's render farm has two
>>> *terabytes* of RAM and over 1,000 2.8GHz CPUs. And it takes that cluster
>>> SIX HOURS to render 1/24th of a second of film. The comparison is so
>>> ridiculous it's moronic.
>>

>> If those calculations of yours were accurate, it would take over 100
>> years to produce a two hour movie.....
>>

> Guess you didn't know that they started on Monster's Inc before TV was
> invented did you?

LOL!
!