Getting rid of dust with a Canned Compressed air

The Halo Don

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Okay, so I was just wondering if there were anything I HAD to do, or things that I SHOULDNT do when dusting out components with canned compressed air.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
nope but the liquid it does throw out immediately evaporates so as long as your system is not on and free of residual current , it will be fine...

The Halo Don

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011

Well I'm going to be holding the fans in the process, so no worries there.

Also, I do know that the compressed air cans sometimes release moisture, any way to prevent it?

If it's really dusty take the computer outside the house, some of the canned air is not good to spray a lot of it inside a closed area, it's not good to breathe it or the dust.

Try not to turn the can upside down it releases the liquid, the liquid won't hurt anything it's a quick evaporate, but you'll loose some of the pressure.

Short controlled bursts spaced out will keep the can from freezing up on you.

residual as in left over after you hit the off switch. its basically current thats left over in the psu motherboard and other components....

think of it like this...
you fill a bucket with water and remove a bung from the bottom so you have water flowing from the tap(wall socket) into the bucket (pc) out through the bung (pc on of button). now when you turn off the tap the water stops flowing both at the tap and at the bung. leaving the bucket full of water. this is residual or left over... you can remove the bung and the water will flow again till the bucket is empty. only then is the bucket safe to handle.

hope that helps...

as ryan says 5 minutes is normally enough to dissipate any residual current due to leds and the likes using the last of the power in the system. if your motherboard has no led's on it then turn off the pc at the wall then hit the power button on the pc. the pc will light up for a half a second or so as the residual current is used.

TRENDING THREADS