Is thermal compund still usable if stored in a hot room?

mega proto

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
I finally decided to replace my cpu heatsink after having the stock cooler for a year. I bought the thermal compund when I bought the cpu and never used it since my friend told me its just to help stick the heatsink to the cpu (which I now know is definetly wrong.)

Anyway I stored my unopened Arctic Silver Céramique thermal in a box in the spare bedroom where it can get up to over 100 degrees farenheit in the summer and stay at about 90 degrees farenheit during the spring. During winter it stays at normal room temperature.

So, is my thermal compound still usable?

Thanks for any responses in advance.

Solution

You should be fine, however go to this link and download the instructions for your setup...
It will be just fine, it's designed to take much more temperature than that, remember to apply just enough to fill the microscopic imperfections between the two contacting surfaces, don't apply a thick layer.

70% Isopropyl alcohol is what I use to remove the old thermal compound, with either Q-tips or small pieces of paper towel.

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

You should be fine, however go to this link and download the instructions for your setup:
http://www.arcticsilver.com/intel_application_method.html#
You'll be happy you did.

Solution