Bugdet gaming case, something good for dust+lots of fans

amy9hollow

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Greetings all! I have an i3 2100, micro h61 board, evga gtx 550ti overclocked , 1HDD, hyper 212, my question is that i don't have any fans around from prev. builds and do have a cat with a very dusty house. With a budget of 40-65 bucks I was looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066. For $45 looks like a steal.

Is there any better case that comes with 4 pretty good fans, is wide enough for the hyper 212, and has a better dust filter like this Antec? (the antec doesnt have a bottom one and people complain that theres no vent on the bottom for the psu).

I guess what im basically asking is there case know for having great dust control b/c of my situation that comes with 3-4 good fans. Thanx! (oh and speed controls would be great too like on the antec)

Solution

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

You probably won't get a better case in your price range. There are better cases out there though. I have two Antec cases (not your model) in continuous service for over ten years. They are well built. They still have the washable dust screens. And the case still gets dusty. You've got to get on a regular routine to keep them clean (once a month or so). You aren't going to find a "maintenance free" case anywhere - especially in your price range. Having said all that I'd buy them again. Their that good.

Solution

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

The first was for a system I built in 2000-2001 (for a daughter off to college) and a second that I built for my wife about a year later. Well they certainly lasted longer then the parts inside that's for sure. I've rebuilt them each twice so far. Good luck with your choice.