Which is best solution, change whole laptop or hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vyeluri

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Hi,

My laptop config has
processor - core 2 duo T6600 2.2GHz
Ram - 3GB
OS - 32-bit win7

Im considering of upgrading my hardware config instead of changing whole laptop, as I prefer to have good performance rather than portability. My usages are development applications like netbeans, MS Visual Studio, Oracle 10g. For which I experience a slow performance. How to know whether my motherboard supports or not or which is the best solution?

New config

Ram - 8GB
OS - 64-bit win7

Thanks.

Solution
Unfortunately, you're going to have to buy a new laptop.

Your OS version is tied to the processor, which is 32-bit. Laptop processor replacements are often difficult, if not impossible, and then there's the question of whether any 64-bit processors would be compatible with the laptop mobo.

And unless you upgrade to a 64-bit, your system is limited to 4 gb of RAM (of which, only 3.xx gb will be recognized by the OS).

Try looking up your laptop specs to learn more about your hardware. Open up your laptop to see if upgrades are possible.

middleramen

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2013
Unfortunately, you're going to have to buy a new laptop.

Your OS version is tied to the processor, which is 32-bit. Laptop processor replacements are often difficult, if not impossible, and then there's the question of whether any 64-bit processors would be compatible with the laptop mobo.

And unless you upgrade to a 64-bit, your system is limited to 4 gb of RAM (of which, only 3.xx gb will be recognized by the OS).

Try looking up your laptop specs to learn more about your hardware. Open up your laptop to see if upgrades are possible.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.