Sign in with
Your question

Unable to install the latest driver for my graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 29, 2011 9:08:34 PM

Hello,
when I try to install the downloaded driver for my Nvidia GT240graphics card I get an error message telling me unable to detect software. I have never had this prob before. My OS is windows 7 64bit
October 29, 2011 10:39:53 PM

There are several ways to install it. Besides starting the executable, there is also possibility to go through Nvidia Control Panel > Help menu > Updates or through Device Manager > choose the device, Right MB and and then directly choose Update Driver or go through Properties>Driver>...
m
l
a c 91 Î Nvidia
a c 253 U Graphics card
October 29, 2011 11:10:00 PM

Are you sure you downloaded the correct version and not the 32bit version. That could be why it can't detect it.
m
l
Related resources
October 31, 2011 2:46:26 AM

pepe2907 said:
There are several ways to install it. Besides starting the executable, there is also possibility to go through Nvidia Control Panel > Help menu > Updates or through Device Manager > choose the device, Right MB and and then directly choose Update Driver or go through Properties>Driver>...

Hi Pepe I have tried all the above. I get the same error message using Nvidia Control Panel, and Device Manager tells me I have the latest driver (untrue) LOL
m
l
October 31, 2011 2:49:37 AM

inzone said:
Are you sure you downloaded the correct version and not the 32bit version. That could be why it can't detect it.

Hi Pepe yes I downloaded the correct version which is windows 7 64bit. From what I have been reading on the internet about this latest driver, I think maybe I will wait awhile and see if Nvidia realises there is a problem and rectify it. This is the first time I have had problems installing drivers for my card.
m
l
October 31, 2011 2:52:22 AM

inzone said:

oops sorry replied to wrong name. I meant inzone, blushes
m
l
!