Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia update caused 30hz refresh lock samsung tv

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 29, 2011 10:20:45 PM

hi everyone, i have a problem that occured to me after the 285.62 update to my graphics card, a nvidia geforce gtx 465. After the update i noticed my samsung tv had a low refresh rate (normally 60, not much but hey.) cuz the mouse movement looked sluggish, i am very good with computers, i have tried everything, even creating my own custom resolution was useless due to the refresh rate not going past 30, and one other thing i noticed is now the refresh rate has a asterisk symbol (*) next to the 30 in the dropdown menu on the nvidia control panel,hmmm, im clueless could u plz help cuz i am a gamer, and running anything in 30 hz full screen is just bad, thnx for any further assistance on this.
a b U Graphics card
October 29, 2011 10:39:08 PM

Go back to your previous driver - was there a reason you updated - or was it automatic?
-Bruce
October 29, 2011 10:43:31 PM

dish_moose said:
Go back to your previous driver - was there a reason you updated - or was it automatic?
-Bruce

i was going to roll back but i figured i would look for a solution first, and technically it was automatic, i got a pop up from the control panel, but i went and downloaded it.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 30, 2011 12:30:12 AM

How did you fix it for any future reference for anyone who runs into the same problem
November 9, 2011 7:32:36 AM

well, it was a very simple mistake really. i selected a different resolution "profile" and was able to set the screen flicker rate to 60 hz
!