How does the average guy overclock the Galaxy GTX460 768

oldman2

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
I have been told to overclock my Galaxy GTX460 768 to see it really beat the GTX550ti card. But I have no idea how to do it. Is there a link or some info that you can point me too that I have had trouble finding myself. Or is this something that should not be done by someone who has never done anything like that before. :)

Download and install Afterburner and don't stress about it:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/Afterburner-2.0.0-Final-download-2562.html

Here is what HardOCP got when they overclocked it. So use this as a general guideline for what you might expect. Basically, overclock in smallish increments, play some games, and if you see any visual glitches or artifacts, then back off by about 10 mhz.

12788968667K0gVsvzTK_9_2.gif

That is the only way to overclock a video card is with a software program like Afterburner. You cannot do it in the bios like you can the cpu. The software program makes it very easy to do it and like matto17secs posted you have to do it in small increments to get a good stable overclock that won't damage your video card. If you are happy with the performance as it is then you shouldn't let other people influence what you want to do , it your property and you were the one that paid for it so you are the one who should decide how to use it.

TRENDING THREADS