A hint to max payne probs

Hasse

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hmm I just thought it might help someone that had the same problems as I had.. My problem was that MP would crash before I got to see the configuration screen, the problem was that my CD-Rom was too old or the firmware atleast were. What I could have dont that might have helped was to upgrade the firmware of my Pioneed DVD-ROM but instead I bought a Plextor 16/10/40 CD-RW, and all my problems were fixed. I checked later on the max payne webpage, and they've released a patch, just for the heck of it I tested it and it didn't do squat for my problem. I found that the reason for my problems were that MP uses the latest securom cd protection (copy protection) software available, and many cd-roms have a big issue with it... so.. Now you know... besides a CD-R is allmost (hrmm ok 100% more expensice but 175$ aint much for the 16x and it's extremely good .. I can recomend it to all that's wondering about buying a CD-R(W)) as expensive as a CD-ROM..

-Take care folks.

Mordy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I can recomend to all to get a crack! Instead of buying new hardware each time when somebody made a moronic copy-protection .

-Beer! Good!
-James Hetfield