PS3 Insomniac I-8

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Insomniac, the developers of Ratchet and Clank, say this is real
gameplay on the PS3 devkit. Of course, the game is not finished at the
point, just barely started. They say the final game will actually be
better.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/614/614799/i-8-20050516073720709.jpg

http://streamingmovies.ign.com/ps3/article/614/614849/sonycon_games_08_insom_wmvlow.wmv

The developers say what was shown for the PS3 was real gameplay, Sony
says it was real gameplay. And who says it wasn't real gameplay?
Zacktard and xflop full circle fanfairies. And why? Because they know
the xflop 1.5 full circle is in serious trouble and that the level of
motion and behaviors as well as graphics are so far beyond the xflop
1.5 full circle that their only desperate damage control is claim that
it is not representative of what games on the PS3 will look and play
like. Really weak, twisted, demented and revolting damage control
tactic but what else would you expect from xflop 1.5 full circle
fanfairies.
13 answers Last reply
More about insomniac
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Insomniac, the developers of Ratchet and Clank, say this is real
    > gameplay on the PS3 devkit. Of course, the game is not finished at the
    > point, just barely started. They say the final game will actually be
    > better.

    http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/614/614799/i-8-20050516073720709.j
    pg

    http://streamingmovies.ign.com/ps3/article/614/614849/sonycon_games_08_insom
    _wmvlow.wmv

    WOW!!!!
    That is VERY un----impressive
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Does not look all that great to me, the PS3 is limited, as the PS2, in its
    ability to handle colorful textures. That is why we will only see dull grey
    games as this one.

    "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Insomniac, the developers of Ratchet and Clank, say this is real
    > gameplay on the PS3 devkit. Of course, the game is not finished at the
    > point, just barely started. They say the final game will actually be
    > better.

    http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/614/614799/i-8-20050516073720709.jpg

    http://streamingmovies.ign.com/ps3/article/614/614849/sonycon_games_08_insom_wmvlow.wmv

    > The developers say what was shown for the PS3 was real gameplay, Sony
    > says it was real gameplay. And who says it wasn't real gameplay?
    > Zacktard and xflop full circle fanfairies. And why? Because they know
    > the xflop 1.5 full circle is in serious trouble and that the level of
    > motion and behaviors as well as graphics are so far beyond the xflop
    > 1.5 full circle that their only desperate damage control is claim that
    > it is not representative of what games on the PS3 will look and play
    > like. Really weak, twisted, demented and revolting damage control
    > tactic but what else would you expect from xflop 1.5 full circle
    > fanfairies.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    On 23 May 2005 08:29:42 -0700, "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote
    in message <1116862182.162327.215650@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>:

    >The developers say what was shown for the PS3 was real gameplay, Sony
    >says it was real gameplay. And who says it wasn't real gameplay?
    >Zacktard and xflop full circle fanfairies.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    You forgot to say "xflop 1.5 full circle fanfaries." Be consistent now.

    >And why? Because they know the xflop 1.5 full circle...

    [snip blah blah blah]

    >so far beyond the xflop 1.5 full circle that their only desperate...

    [snip blah blah blah]

    >but what else would you expect from xflop 1.5 full circle fanfairies.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Insomniac, the developers of Ratchet and Clank, say this is real
    > gameplay on the PS3 devkit. Of course, the game is not finished at the
    > point, just barely started. They say the final game will actually be
    > better.
    >
    > http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/614/614799/i-8-20050516073720709.jpg
    >
    > http://streamingmovies.ign.com/ps3/article/614/614849/sonycon_games_08_insom_wmvlow.wmv
    >
    > The developers say what was shown for the PS3 was real gameplay, Sony
    > says it was real gameplay. And who says it wasn't real gameplay?
    > Zacktard and xflop full circle fanfairies. And why? Because they know
    > the xflop 1.5 full circle is in serious trouble and that the level of
    > motion and behaviors as well as graphics are so far beyond the xflop
    > 1.5 full circle that their only desperate damage control is claim that
    > it is not representative of what games on the PS3 will look and play
    > like. Really weak, twisted, demented and revolting damage control
    > tactic but what else would you expect from xflop 1.5 full circle
    > fanfairies.

    Blig Muk, you are such an idiot. Of course this is gameplay... What is there
    not to believe? It's not one tenth that of the detail in the fake Killzone
    video. Gears of War for the 360 looks a hell of a lot better than this
    already. Now this people, is a realistic depiction of what gameplay will
    look like on a PS3. Muk, you keep digging your own grave, and providing us
    even more material that makes it evident that Sony's hype machine is on the
    loose yet again.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Mike B wrote:

    > video. Gears of War for the 360 looks a hell of a lot better than
    this

    Everybody knows that was prerendered, asswipe.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > Insomniac, the developers of Ratchet and Clank, say this is real
    > gameplay on the PS3 devkit. Of course, the game is not finished at the
    > point, just barely started. They say the final game will actually be
    > better.
    >
    > http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/614/614799/i-8-20050516073720
    > 709.jpg
    >
    > http://streamingmovies.ign.com/ps3/article/614/614849/sonycon_games_08_
    > insom_wmvlow.wmv
    >
    > The developers say what was shown for the PS3 was real gameplay, Sony
    > says it was real gameplay. And who says it wasn't real gameplay?
    > Zacktard and xflop full circle fanfairies. And why? Because they know
    > the xflop 1.5 full circle is in serious trouble and that the level of
    > motion and behaviors as well as graphics are so far beyond the xflop
    > 1.5 full circle that their only desperate damage control is claim that
    > it is not representative of what games on the PS3 will look and play
    > like. Really weak, twisted, demented and revolting damage control
    > tactic but what else would you expect from xflop 1.5 full circle
    > fanfairies.

    Troll alert!!!
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Blig Merk wrote:
    > Mike B wrote:
    >
    > > video. Gears of War for the 360 looks a hell of a lot better than
    > this
    >
    > Everybody knows that was prerendered, asswipe.

    This was pre-rendered?

    http://s31.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=3MDMFA99IZBQW3O21O77JA98PI

    > Mike B wrote:
    >
    >> video. Gears of War for the 360 looks a hell of a lot better than
    > this
    >
    > Everybody knows that was prerendered, asswipe.

    Blig, being the 'fanfairy' that you are, you probably didn't bother to do
    any research on 360 games during E3. Evidently you aren't a true hard core
    gamer, and are a bias 'fanfairy' yourself. You would have known that Gears
    of War was indeed running in real time, as were several other 360 games.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Mike B" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Mike B wrote:
    >>
    >>> video. Gears of War for the 360 looks a hell of a lot better than
    >> this
    >>
    >> Everybody knows that was prerendered, asswipe.
    >>

    > Blig, being the 'fanfairy' that you are, you probably didn't bother to do
    > any research on 360 games during E3. Evidently you aren't a true hard core
    > gamer, and are a bias 'fanfairy' yourself. You would have known that Gears
    > of War was indeed running in real time, as were several other 360 games.

    I didnt know that was real time footage of Gears. Damn it was pretty good.
    Is that going to be out at launch ? I wasnt really looking forward to the
    x360 but that would look awesome on the hd bigscreen.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Mike B wrote:

    > gamer, and are a bias 'fanfairy' yourself. You would have known that Gears
    > of War was indeed running in real time, as were several other 360 games.

    "Epic's Gears of War looked awesome as well, but I asked Cliff
    Bleszinski what it was running on, and he admitted it was a PC with two
    GeForce 6800s in SLI."

    There weren't any 360 games being shown at all. They were Macintosh and
    PC games running on Macintosh and PCs. So, what does the B in Mike B
    stand for? Butthead or Bullshitter?
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    > Mike B wrote:
    >
    >> gamer, and are a bias 'fanfairy' yourself. You would have known that
    >> Gears
    >> of War was indeed running in real time, as were several other 360 games.
    >
    > "Epic's Gears of War looked awesome as well, but I asked Cliff
    > Bleszinski what it was running on, and he admitted it was a PC with two
    > GeForce 6800s in SLI."
    >
    > There weren't any 360 games being shown at all. They were Macintosh and
    > PC games running on Macintosh and PCs. So, what does the B in Mike B
    > stand for? Butthead or Bullshitter?

    So does that mean the x360 is going to be as powerful graphically as a pc
    with dual 6800's running in SLI ? More or less ?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    lonesw0rdsman wrote:
    > "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Mike B wrote:
    > >
    > >> gamer, and are a bias 'fanfairy' yourself. You would have known that
    > >> Gears
    > >> of War was indeed running in real time, as were several other 360 games.
    > >
    > > "Epic's Gears of War looked awesome as well, but I asked Cliff
    > > Bleszinski what it was running on, and he admitted it was a PC with two
    > > GeForce 6800s in SLI."
    > >
    > > There weren't any 360 games being shown at all. They were Macintosh and
    > > PC games running on Macintosh and PCs. So, what does the B in Mike B
    > > stand for? Butthead or Bullshitter?
    > >
    > So does that mean the x360 is going to be as powerful graphically as a pc
    > with dual 6800's running in SLI ? More or less ?

    Dual 6800 in SLI is Nvidia. Nvidia is providing the GPU for the
    Playstation 3. ATI is providing the GPU for the xflop 1.5 full circle.
    ATI does not have their version of SLI working yet for their PC
    graphics cards. Considering the xflop 1.5 full circle is pushing for
    launch in 6 months, meaning the final design has to be locked into
    place right now to meet fabrication and production schedules, what are
    the chances that ATI is going to have a custom dual core chip done if
    they can't do their version of SLI right now with PC graphics cards?
    You do the arithmetic. It is no wonder Gears of War looked so different
    from the other demos. It was a PC game running on a PC with dual Nvidia
    6800 cards in SLI. All that demo proves is that Gears of War is
    actually a PC game that will be scaled back for whatever
    soon-to-be-outdated GPU that ATI can cobble together to meet the rushed
    launch schedule.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Blig Merk wrote:

    > Considering the xflop 1.5 full circle is pushing for
    > launch in 6 months, meaning the final design has to be locked into
    > place right now to meet fabrication and production schedules, what are
    > the chances that ATI is going to have a custom dual core chip done if
    > they can't do their version of SLI right now with PC graphics cards?

    Listen to Bligmerk everyone. He clearly knows more about the current state
    of development of the hardware than Microsoft and ATI do. How could he not?
    He has access to TEH INTARNETS you know. His finger is on the PULSE of the
    industry. One of these days Bligmerk is going to design a console in his
    basement (except that trailers don't have basements) and show the world how
    it's REALLY done.

    Get back on the meds, angry old man.

    -Z-

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video Video Games