Video Card dies on wachting movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil-neth

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Apology for asking again.I aske the question before but somehow am not able to locate the thread anymore.Perhaps I placed it in the wrong thread.
My video card ATI Radion 2400 does not work anymore After having it checked by a technician the diagnoses was VideoCard passed away.
Reason: You watch to many movies on your laptop (straight from the harddisk.) Laptops should not be used for watching movies and games.Use desktop as the hardware is stronger.
Can anybody advise me on this? Is this a correct answer? and is there a remedy to revive it again or is this just a case of bad luck.
Specs of the laptop: Toshiba P220 JV-1 Processor 2 core T 5450 1.6 Ghz Ram 2 G Hardisk 160 Gig
Thanks
Pieter/Phil-Neth

Solution
The technician is a load of bullshit!!

You can watch video and play games as much as you want on a laptop as long as the hardware is powerful enough, not over heating, and the hardware don't die on you.

You just have a case of bad luck that the graphics card die.

Well, you get some decent years of working life out of that laptop. Time to move on and get a new one.

Go to our laptops forum and start a new thread. Fill out the laptop purchase guide sticky by Mazair and we will help you in selecting your new laptop.
The technician is a load of bullshit!!

You can watch video and play games as much as you want on a laptop as long as the hardware is powerful enough, not over heating, and the hardware don't die on you.

You just have a case of bad luck that the graphics card die.

Well, you get some decent years of working life out of that laptop. Time to move on and get a new one.

Go to our laptops forum and start a new thread. Fill out the laptop purchase guide sticky by Mazair and we will help you in selecting your new laptop.

Solution

phil-neth

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011

Thanks for your quick reply. To be honest this laptop was 2.5 years old only Had several parts replaced already. Thought Toshiba was ok but i have bad luck with this one I guess
Wouldn't go for an other Toshiba though
Will check out purchase guide sticky by Mazair

phil-neth

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011

Thanks for your quick reply. To be honest this laptop was 2.5 years old only Had several parts replaced already. Thought Toshiba was ok but i have bad luck with this one I guess
Wouldn't go for an other Toshiba though
Will check out purchase guide sticky by Mazair

phil-neth

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011

No its only 2.5 years old I mean the whole laptop. Thanks for answering Appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS