DELL DRIVERS HELP!!! PLSSSS!

mrsrivens

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
OK SO IM TRYING TO PLAY GAMES ON MY DELL (WINDOWS XP) BUT FOR SOME REASON I NEED DIRECT3D GRAPHICS. SO WHEN I RAN THE DIAGNOSTIC TEST, THE "TEST DIRECT3D" BUTTON IS DISABLED AND I CANT CLICK ON IT TO ENABLE IT. IT SAYS THAT I NEED TO UPDATE MY DRIVER FROM MY MANUFACTURE WEBSITE (WHICH IS DELL). I WENT TO DELL AND DOWNLOADED EVREY POSSIBLE THING I COULD NEED TO MAKE MY DRIVER WORK AND I DOWNLOADED AN UPDATED DRIVER BUT EVERY TIME I TRY THE DIAGNOSTIC TEST, THE "TEST DIRECT3D" BUTTON IS STILL DISABLED. THE GRAPHIC CARD FOR MY COMPUTER IS intel r 82945g express chpset family. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP BC I DONT THINK I KNOW WHAT IM DOING. THANKS

craighay

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
Quick details http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
Version: 9.29.1974 Date Published: 4/18/2011

File Name Size
dxwebsetup.exe 286 KB Download

Overview
Microsoft DirectX is a group of technologies designed to make Windows-based computers an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3D animation, and rich audio. DirectX includes security and performance updates, along with many new features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the DirectX APIs.

System requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3

Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Go.