Closed Solved

Upgrading PC

So I built my computor at the begining of December and now after christmas i feel its time to start making minor or major adjustments. My build now is:

Intel i7 2600k
ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
16.0 GB Corsair Vengence
Dual ASUS VH238 Monitors
MSI Lightning Extreme GTX580
2TB WEstern Digital HDD / 120GB Mushkin Chronos SSD

Id like to just keep upgrading so is there any advice on what to get first. Or is there maybe something i should wait for?
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading
  1. Why would you upgrade that? If you really want to upgrade something - get a good aftermarket cooler. Otherwise just leave it as is.
  2. Well i have a Corsair H100 lol. Im just the type of person who needs the best of the best. Thats why i wanna upgrade if possible lol :)
  3. Shmister said:
    Well i have a Corsair H100 lol. Im just the type of person who needs the best of the best. Thats why i wanna upgrade if possible lol :)

I honestly don't see any reason to. That machine should be a beast as it is. :lol:
  4. If you wanted the 'best of the best', why didn't you build it with an ssd?
    just a wonder, I reckon that and another gfx card should tide you for a while,
    Moto
  5. i did build it with an SSD. Only 120GB but still an SSD :P. I guess another GFX card would be nice. Des any1 know when the new Intel CPUs come out?
  6. Aah, cool just there was no mention of it in the original post, that would've been first choice obv, second cards a fair move though, I see that managing for a couple of years yet,
    Not sure of new chips intended date yet sorry
    Moto
  7. Alright thx for all the replys. Might look into another card then or might just wait a bit to see if anything new comes out.
  8. Best answer
    Well it looks like you got a nice solid build for gaming and what not. I would look in to the Gtx 590 or wait for new Ati series to come out.
  9. Thanks Rabbit. Gonna wait it out a bit
  10. Best answer selected by Shmister.
  11. You're welcome for the help. Message me if you need any help in the future :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems