/ Sign-up
Your question

Should I get the GTX 570 hd sc?

  • Gtx
  • HD
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
April 4, 2012 12:31:44 PM

Hello everyone!
I do have a GTX 260 for the moment, and I am concidering buying the evga gtx 570 hd super clocked, and putting my 260 as physx.
How does that sound?
I have around 200 euros to spend, and I do have the chance to get the 570 for 219 euros here in Finland (Norhern Europe).

More about : gtx 570

April 4, 2012 12:34:04 PM

EDIT: my system spec will be in my sig when I get home and have the possibility to access my computer, I posted this trough my phone at school.
April 4, 2012 12:40:13 PM

A GTX 570 and GTX 260? What do you have for a PSU?

Are you in a hurry to pick up the new card? GTX 6xx video cards are starting to arrive.
Related resources
April 5, 2012 9:35:02 AM

My rig is:
AMD pheom x2 9950 BE oc 3.0GHz
Antec 900
Corsair 850w
Ocz 4GB dual channel 800 MHz RAM
XFX GTX 260 896 MB
ASUS AM2+ mobo

Benq 24" 1080p led monitor

What upgrade would be most worth it?
April 5, 2012 9:40:06 AM

New CPU, Ram and Mobo, whats your upgrade budget.
April 5, 2012 9:44:44 AM

Well I have also considered buying a new rig this summer, because there isnt really any good market in this country for semi old computer components. I have 200 euros to spend now, and I cant really buy for US prices..
April 5, 2012 9:53:14 AM

not worth upgrading cpu for 200 euros.

depending on the games you play, the 570 might not be worth it either.
April 5, 2012 10:00:55 AM

I was thinking exactly the same, because I already have quad core at 3Ghz..
Should I upgrade anything now, or just wait until summer when i have more money? (I play some Physx games, sometimes mw3 etc etc..)
What I am really looking forward to is to be able to max out Diablo 3 and stuff..
April 5, 2012 10:22:45 AM

I would think you'd have no problem running d3 on high setting on the 260 but I would think you should definitely wait to upgrade everything.

I think you need both a gpu and cpu upgrade pretty much equally. They system should still hold out for a while tho.
April 5, 2012 10:47:49 AM

Yes wait till you have more money