Lost Wordpad and Windows Explorer after XP SP2 installed

August 31, 2004 10:33:19 PM

After installing XP SP2, my Wordpad and Windows Explorer disappeared from my
Programs listing. Fortunately, I made shortcuts for these two programs so I
can still access them. They seem to be hiding in C:\I386, whatever that is.
So, how can I get the two programs back in my Programs listing.
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 11:04:05 PM

Milt wrote:
> After installing XP SP2, my Wordpad and Windows Explorer disappeared
> from my Programs listing. Fortunately, I made shortcuts for these
> two programs so I can still access them. They seem to be hiding in
> C:\I386, whatever that is. So, how can I get the two programs back in
> my Programs listing.

The items in the All Programs Menu are simply shortcuts to the programs.
Select both of the shortcuts, drag them over the Start Button until it
expands the menu and then move them over the All Programs button until it
expands and drop them on the menu there.

--
Regards,

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP