Can I fit gtx 460 card in mac pro 1 1

JohanR

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Hi, I want to upgrade my std GT7300 in my Mac Pro 1.1 as it is NOT good for gaming. I am running XP on my machine and and is looking for a good option for future games. I will appreciate any advice!

Johan

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
you dont have any other option. AFAIK, you cant add hardware to macs.
also, 99.999% of the games dont run on macs. so a gpu upgrade is worthless, unless you run windows on them.

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I read somewhere that 2.1 graphic card cannot be put in 1.1 slot, because of the "compatibility". I may be wrong. Anyways, to be on the safe side, pick the 2.0 GPU, the GTX 460 if im not wrong.

JohanR

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
I am at present in Kosovo and I have been at the Mac Franchise and they only support laptops here. So, I do not have any Mac support and is looking at alternatives to upgrade my graphic card. Where ever I come and I mentioned I got a Mac they sent me straight back to the Apple guys. So, I just want to walk into a store, by something which will work and come to install it myself!!!!

All advice/recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks for the replies up to now!! It is nice to learn from the experience of other in order not to make the same mistakes.