How to increase space on drive c without formating

Johnthomas1

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
I just upgraded my Dell 4600 pc with 2GB more of space. I noticed thefree space before the upgrade was 49.7 percent. After the upgrade, the free space remined the same (49.7 percent).
I had expected the free space to increase more than 49.7 %.
How do I then increase my CPU space since I am using ,on some ocassion around 90-95%.

It sounds like you installed RAM which increases the amount of memory for programs to use. That is different from hard drive storage space/capacity. One way to increase the amount of free space on the hard drive is to install another hard drive and move some of your data onto the new hard drive and uninstall some programs, then reinstall them again, but this time on the new hard drive (D: drive if you currently only have one hard drive).

How do I then increase my CPU space since I am using ,on some ocassion around 90-95%.

Not sure what you mean by this.

And if taking about RAM (memory). Don't sweat it.
When more memory is added windows 7 will just use more, HOWEVER when a program request memory, windows 7 will decrease it's amount used.

Bottom line is that if you added more memory, even though the "free Memory" may be very close to the same, windows 7 can free up more (on the Fly) for program use than before.